Stop auto-selection of all regions on track during undo?

mysticfm

Anytime I record a region and then undo that recording, for some reason LPX insists on automatically selecting ALL of the regions in that track as part of the undo step, even if they were not all selected prior to the recording. Is there any way to stop this behavior? This behavior is a problem for me for several reasons, but primarily because I like to record MIDI with "Merge with selected region(s)" mode, and hence the result of this "auto-selection" of all regions is all too often that after performing an undo and then a 2nd attempt at recording without remembering to manually deselect all regions in between, I accidentally end up merging all of the regions in the track as part of the 2nd recording.

• 10 years later...

Still a problem to this very day.  No solution other than just hitting "command, period" to stop recording and it automatically trashes the take you just did...and doesn't leave the whole track (or tracks if you're recording more than one that are all in a group together) highlighted.