Screensets for the arrange area?

Syntho

Here's my idea: screensets for the arrange area. If not implemented with screensets itself, then something like it. For example it would be great to have some buttons labeled 0, 1, 2, 3 etc up near the create/duplicate buttons. When clicking 0 it would reveal ALL arrange area tracks. From that area, you could control-click every individual track and assign it an 'arrange set number'.

After you've assigned each individual track to an arrange set number, you could then click up top on 1, 2, 3 etc and the arrange window would show only the tracks that were assigned to that set number.

The only problem with this is that you wouldn't see the regions in other arrange sets. But hey, this feature would at least help stay organized more and you could always switch back to the 'reveal all' arrange set anyway. It could be a temporary view of the arrange area for honing in on specific instruments that you're working on.

This is kinda similar to how you can hide or show only tracks of your choosing in the mixer, but we'd need something more manual that we could assign ourselves. Some of us work with LOTS of tracks, so having a dedicated guitar arrange window, a dedicated synth arrange window etc would just be incredibly convenient since it won't be so cluttered.

Plus, I like the idea of creating one absolutely GIANT master project with EVERYTHING loaded on the inside of it already, then just switching arrange sets for whichever instruments you'll need for that particular project :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean a kind of track visibility management option? If so I would like to have this as well.

At the moment you have to assign tracks to one of the 32 groups which are available in logic. From there you can show/ hide tracks assigned to the groups. This process is somewhat half baked and slow.

In cubase for example you can assign tracks to groups as well but you're also able to show/ hide only selected tacks or use modifier keys to show all except selected etc.

So +1 from me as well regarding track visibility management in Logic.