Exporting just a few tracks as audio????

ging

I saw another post a while ago reguarding exporting just a select number of tracks(audio). In other words not one and not all of them as the logic export options. The suggestion was to pack the 'selected audio tracks' into a folder and export all audio tracks from the folders arrange window.

This did not work. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or not.

Can anyone shed some light on doing this so it works or is it just not possible.

Thanks!

Thanks David,

I have a couple more questions.

1. Does this work without packing them into a folder?

2. Is there anyway to specify a shorter file (other than the to the song end marker)?

Thanks

I noticed Logic only exports what's visible in the Arange. So to export just a few tracks put all the others in a folder and export.

PS: Beware the export is *pre* fader! Can cause seriously distorted tracks if you do not watch out....

I noticed Logic only exports what's visible in the Arange. So to export just a few tracks put all the others in a folder and export

That's what the point of the post is. I can't get that to work.

PS: Beware the export is *pre* fader! Can cause seriously distorted tracks if you do not watch out....

Just curious. How can this distort tracks. Unless you recorded it too hot. Exporting is before everything on the track, inserts / volume of the track etc...

Just curious. How can this distort tracks. Unless you recorded it too hot. Exporting is before everything on the track,

Processing (EQ. delays or other FX) can add gain to the recorded signal, or to the Virtual Instrument. And a VI itself also can get above 0dB easily.

Just curious. How can this distort tracks. Unless you recorded it too hot. Exporting is before everything on the track,

Processing (EQ. delays or other FX) can add gain to the recorded signal, or to the Virtual Instrument. And a VI itself also can get above 0dB easily.

Prefader, is pre insert. Non of that is in the signal path when you export.