Advice on mixer

Hi all

I use Logic Pro 7.2 on a MacBook Pro, and currently use an M-Audio Ozone as my interface.

I'm keen to stop using my mouse to control faders etc. and from what I read, the Mackie Control Universal is tailor-made. However, I notice that some mixers offer inputs for line and mics, and I'd like to upgrade from the Ozone as my interface.

I'm guessing that these other mixers don't have the same control over faders etc in Logic?

Generally, mixers and control surfaces are separate things, even digital mixers that would allow some control of Logic's transport functions would require some sort of multi-channel interface, and at that point you would be mixing on the mixer, not in Logic anyways...

You would probably be happiest just getting a control surface and a better interface?

Or you could get one of these:

http://www.solid-state-logic.com/music/aws900plus.html

LOL.

Best, Marcel

Well I assume you just want a *little* more control over the mixing process, and IF it comes with an interface as well, then good! right? It is true that most control surfaces are seperate from the audio interface. This is because if you look for an 'all in one' they tend to be missing a lot of functions, while supplying others that may or may not be very useful. I use the Tascam fw 1884, but its a real pain to set up, and Tascam does not provide good support for its products, especially in the drivers area. My friend uses the M-Audio Project Mix, and he is extatic about it! From what I understand, setup is easy, theres just a button to push to select the program your using. Theres also 8 mic/line inputs with phanton power, midi, digital IO, etc. So I think if I were you Id probably go with the M-Audio if I were to re-decide on an 'all in one'...Or I would have gone with something bigger, that way I wouldnt have to worry about how to expand the number of inputs! Hope this helps!