Logic Helps Score EMMY

steveH

I know this is not quite a forum topic but I just got nominated for an EMMY for Outstanding Music DIrection and Composition for a PBS kids show, Reading Rainbow, that I've been writing for, for 20 years! And what's really great is that ALL the music was created and produced with LOGIC! Which brings me to my next point:

Logic has proven to be a tremendous platform for scoring to picture. Even with its quirks, I can quickly and efficiently get down to getting the job done. I've tried several other software platforms, including DP, and none of them offer the ease of use, speed and the creative flexiblility of Logic Pro when it come to scoring. Logic Pro, over the years, has become a vital part of my creative process... not unlike a great piano is to a pianist. I love this this program!

Hey, if there are any NATAS voting members out there, help me Steve Horelick and LOGIC win an EMMY. How's that for a little shameless self promotion?

Thanks for listening!

EmmyNom.pdf

Here's the Emmy PR release:

I know this is not quite a forum topic but I just got nominated for an EMMY for Outstanding Music DIrection and Composition for a PBS kids show, Reading Rainbow, that I've been writing for, for 20 years! And what's really great is that ALL the music was created and produced with LOGIC! Which brings me to my next point:

Logic has proven to be a tremendous platform for scoring to picture. Even with its quirks, I can quickly and efficiently get down to getting the job done. I've tried several other software platforms, including DP, and none of them offer the ease of use, speed and the creative flexiblility of Logic Pro when it come to scoring. Logic Pro, over the years, has become a vital part of my creative process... not unlike a great piano is to a pianist. I love this this program!

Hey, if there are any NATAS voting members out there, help me Steve Horelick and LOGIC win an EMMY. How's that for a little shameless self promotion?

Thanks for listening!

Wow Steve, I din't know you did that show. My daughter, now 23, loved it when she was a kid.

Congrats!

You guys have daughters . . . weird.

Wait til you have one. Weird takes on new meaning.

Count me in as having a daughter that outgrew that show years ago!

She was a fan and hummed along too!

Nice to hear you're getting recognition for your accomplishments Steve.

Hats off, Steve.

My daughter is 2 years old, and I still go to the Library and get old copies of that show for her to watch.

I dig watching myself sometimes. I am 32 years of age. It takes me back to when I was a child.

It amazes me that there are generations of fans!! Thanks!!!!

Wow I didn't realize you were on this forum, I read an article about your nomination only a few days ago which mentioned Logic Pro and the Mac Pro video's too.. I can't say I know the TV show (sorry not my demographic!) but I know and love the mac pro video's and I like to keep my eye on the news for Logic Pro.

Well done and keep up the good work! Its a fantastic thing also that a producer such as yourself is paying due kudos to the software you use also. The tools don't make the artist, but an artist will shine with the right tools. Hopefully Apple will do a Pro profile of you..? I'd like to see that!

Best of luck!

A hearty congratulations! I am sorry but I don't see the show here in the UK, but I wish you well and hope you get that EMMY!!!

TV music is a tough game to get into, though I am trying....LOL... some would say very trying!

• 4 weeks later...