Where is Paste and Move & Cut and Move???

sambosun

Finally Delete and Move is available per track basis or for entire selections over tracks via the marquee tool.

But where is the opposite Paste and Move & Cut and Move?

619588459_FRLPX-PasteandMovemockup.png.6665bf0cb639e88b3290940bf7e2909e.png

With Delete and Move one can easily Marquee select an area of regions on one or multiple tracks as well as the Marquee Ruler to delete entire sections of a song with key commands. But whats missing is the same easy approach to cut or copy a section and paste it into another spot in the project plus shifting the content when pasting.

I personally work to 95% with key commands and would happily welcome Paste and Move/Cut and Move to the family of essential key commands. So we are halfway there. If Logic would provide a full set of Paste and Move as well as Cut and Move I personally would stop using Snip: Cut Sections Between Locators (Selection) (which I find slow and is primarily locator based from the old days before the marquee got more advanced) - Yes i know you can use auto set locators in combination with the Drag Modes (which just work with the mouse/ trackpad thats why they're called drag modes) ;)

With Delete and Move/Paste and Move/Cut and Move one can easily work just with these three commands to edit without ever touching the drag modes at all.