wondering if this will work

I'm sorry to ask this as I'm sure it's been answered before but

I'm going to purchase logic and that's what I want to use to make music. I've already got a desktop pc so I'm leaning towards getting a macbook. My question is if getting a macbook with 2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo and 1gb of ram will work. I'm going to be producing hip hop music so I will mainly be using samples and some of the instruments in Logic. I've read that maxing out the ram is a good idea and I'll be able to do that later but just not at first. Is there anything else I should think about or will this be able to handle logic alright. Thanks.

Yes, you will be fine. A friend of mine has that exact setup and he uses it to write when away from his studio.

1GB will limit the amount of samples you can use, although you might find that limit is high enough for your needs. And today there are so many workarounds: you can freeze tracks, you can put samples on audio tracks, you can stream longer samples from the drive.. not everything has to live in RAM.

You'll be fine, and once you hit the RAM limit, just get more RAM.

http://dealram.com