Low latency only when recording, no volume drop at playback

basgroot

This is a usability wish, but actually a very annoying problem I half gotten used to.

If I record, I must turn low latency mode on, or else delay makes any recording impossible.

Also, if I got tracks armed for recording but I'm just playing back my previous recording to hear whether I did ok, the volume is significantly lower than with the 'armed for recording' buttons off. I have to turn off recording for all tracks to hear them in the mix normally, and then not forget to turn them all on when continuing recording. Not too practical and error prone when recording a live band or live drums. One mistake on one channel and your recording is wasted.

Why not automatically turn low latency mode on if I hit 'record' and off again when I hit 'stop',

And make channels with lowered volume when armed for recording, play back at normal volume when I hit 'play'?

I can imagine there are scenarios for the current behaviour, like

- deciding to press record in the middle of a playback session like on an old fashioned analog tape reel recorder, but I rather think that's the exception than the rule.

- trying to play some live notes through an armed channel in playback for practice, but there's this fantastic "input monitoring" button for this.