Replacement for VintageWarmer

Threlly

Just curious, but why do you want to get rid of Vintage Warmer? I think the multipressor is good and it's the closest alternate included with Logic, but I personally find that Vintage Warmer imparts an interesting sonic character to anything I put through it, especially with FAT mode turned on.

Just curious, but why do you want to get rid of Vintage Warmer? I think the multipressor is good and it's the closest alternate included with Logic, but I personally find that Vintage Warmer imparts an interesting sonic character to anything I put through it, especially with FAT mode turned on.

I agree, I also use VW and it's a very nice plug.. but for some reason Threlly wants to eliminate all 3rd party plugs.. hence the multipressor suggestion.

I want to eliminate them for two reasons.

1, my writing partners setup is slightly different, but we both have Logic, so it saves us a few headaches later if we start from the same board.

2, Third party plug's cannot be handed over to the node (see posting elsewhere), and believe the supplied plugs are so good, that if I put my mind to it, they will be all I need.

These are fair points and i totally agree with the latter statement..

I want to eliminate them for two reasons.

1, my writing partners setup is slightly different, but we both have Logic, so it saves us a few headaches later if we start from the same board.

2, Third party plug's cannot be handed over to the node (see posting elsewhere), and believe the supplied plugs are so good, that if I put my mind to it, they will be all I need.

personally, i would use a combo of the multipressor and the adaptive limiter. i know it may sound crazy but i find the adaptive limit imparts a bit of an analog sound to the signal (i use VW as well) which, while obviously not as good as real analog limiters or VW compression, is still pretty nice. I think if you tweak your settings with multi comp and adaptive limit you can find some nice new sounds.

Those are good reasons....

Sounds almost like dogma style recording...

I haven't found any plugin from Logic yet that does what VM does to audio. I've been using it for a year now and it's more than a multiband compressor/limiter; it has an amazing algorithm to emulate tube saturation and tape compression.

Maybe Logic will make one in the future, but why don't you just bounce or print the effect? Better yet, if you end up mixing it in your computer, you can Node from your colleague's computer and slap the plugin on the tracks in yours... :idea:

Sounds almost like dogma style recording...

As opposed to the usual karma style, which reads like 'I did something wrong earlier in this process and now I'm forced to relive it until I get it right".

Why would you want to eliminate all third party plugs? Are you experiencing technical difficulties of some kind? If so, maybe someone here can help you with them. If not, and this is an aesthetic decision, I would question it. There's something to be said for learning to use the tools you have... But, by all means, use all the tools you can.