Logic vs. Pro Tools

maxwell.snyder

Pro Tools is considered more of an audio editing, recording and post production software. Logic Pro is more of a composition software. Obviously, you can compose in Pro Tools, and you can record and edit audio in Logic.

Pro Tools was first and Audio recording and editing software on top of which they added MIDI feature to catch up with the competition.

Logic Pro was first a MIDI sequencing software on top of which they added Audio recording and editing feature to catch up with the competition.

Although both are getting better at doing what the other did first, you can still feel the difference in certain features. For example, it is still much easier to edit MIDI in Logic, while it is still much easier to record and edit several takes of multi-track recordings in Pro Tools.

The first thing I would do if I were you is ask myself: what do I need, what am I going to be doing? Recording live bands, all instruments at once? Or composing and recording one instrument at a time? Or....?