Latency Changing During Recording

charlieprowler

So, part of me (not All Of Me) feels that Logic has an issue. It's recently begun freezing while I'm working. Recently, meaning the last week or so. It happens during playback when I open the basic EQ plugin of a track to adjust it. This happens whether I have a Limiter on the Output or not. What I mean by "freezing," is Logic continues to play - with wonderful audio - but I can't stop playback, edit anything, or click any button. I have to wait for it to finish freezing, which is typically around eight seconds. At this time, I can use the MacBook - for instance, a three-finger slide to a full screen internet homepage or whatever, so it isn't the laptop freezing. This issue also occurs when I right click to change the cursor function. Not all the time, but maybe 20-30% of the time. And last night, when I tried to click to change the cursor function, a strange 6-panel white cursor kept appearing when I clicked (never have seen it before) and I had to restart Logic to continue working.

I haven't heard back from MOTU yet, but I wonder if these issues are related and it's actually is a Logic deal.

Hope you guys are having a great start to your week. We had an earthquake here in California two nights ago; a 6.0. Woke me up at 3am with the world shaking.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

So, here's the latest. I downloaded the latest version of the MOTU update (again) & restarted the device as suggested by a technician. I have NOT been experiencing the terrible latency issues! I'm not sure why it works this time and not last time, but this is fine. But now, a new issue - a horrid digital static clicking has been occurring; it only lasts a second but it interrupts the audio, and occurs more than occasionally. I'm now convinced all of these issues have been MOTU issues, and am arranging for a physical assessment & possible repair. So, I'd like to take this opportunity to take Logic off the hook and say that the issues seem to be coming from the MOTU.

Thank you all for your extended support and words of advice :) I've been having another Logic issue I'm gonna post about in a little while so maybe I'll talk to you again. Thanks!