Automating instrument in a kontakt multi

Swanson

Hey people. So I have an instance of kontakt in logic pro X, it has 16 stereo outs and I've added all the aux channels in the mixer to show them and also added the relevant tracks for each. One of the tracks is kontakt choir pad and it has a unique 'morph' automation function. The main issue I have is that the morph automation option only shows up in the first three tracks, all the others just show the usual "main, display off, pan, volume" Do you know how I can get the tracks to recognize the individual instruments specific automation components?

Thanks.

Hello Swanson,

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

The main issue I have is that the morph automation option only shows up in the first three tracks, all the others just show the usual "main, display off, pan, volume"

You will only see those parameters be available in the track automation menu for the actual Kontakt track (the one assigned to the channel strip that hosts the Kontakt plug-in). The ones showing you "main, display off, pan, volume" are the aux tracks you created.

However, you can automate parameters for all instruments in your multi from the main Kontakt track:

2021574235_ScreenShot2014-10-22at16_35_31.png.e3cea70ebc372fbf4f9904c11f7350b4.png

J.

• 1 month later...

I've also figured out how to automate Kontakt to Logic and my controller.

The only problem? If I change instruments in Kontakt I have to remap Kontakt midi cc page. So for example, If I open and load a .nki patch, map the midi cc's to the smart controls, then change Kontact preset, the midi map disappears. It's almost like I'd have to save each instrument as a Logic mapped preset.

There doesn't appear to be a global midi map in Kontakt unless I'm missing something or theres another way to do it.