Logic Audio blows my mind......

dragontheory

LOGIC BLOWS MY MIND!!!

Im getting pretty good......I have maxed out my little G5 iMac.....time to upgrade...

So.....until then......I have a question....

I bought a training video for logic.....a few months back....

Somewere in the video there was a Button ......that allowes the user to set all different kinds scale runs....

At the moment I thought....damn thats cool!....I should comeback to that...and I moved on.....

well now I cant find it anywere......

so my question is....1. were is this button....or how do I get to this place were you are able to select scale runs....

2. what synths can you use...or is it just the EXS....

cheers....

check out my newest songs....

www.myspace.com/dragonstation

I havnt figured out how to upload stuff to this site....

I have checked around....this site is the best for logic!!!! by far....

Thanx DAVID!!!!

U Rock!

e.

Sorry I cant help with the scale runs.. there are more synths to use the EXS is more a sampler with a heap of processing options. I'm using Pro now though and it has a bunch of synths. I'm not heavy on the electronic stuff and only use them to pad out audio / instrument stuff.

I like Pale Rider sounds cool :)

And yeh.. when I first tried Logic about 6 months ago I was blown away by the sound quality.. I've been using cheap / free software for so long but after trying Logic Express I couldn't help but lay out for Pro.

Somewere in the video there was a Button ......that allowes the user to set all different kinds scale runs....

At the moment I thought....damn thats cool!....I should comeback to that...and I moved on.....

so my question is....1. were is this button....or how do I get to this place were you are able to select scale runs....

2. what synths can you use...or is it just the EXS....

Arpeggiator?

i

A button, huh?

With some Environment set up, you could create this.

One could create some buttons in the environment that feed into a chord memorizer. The chord memorizer could be programmed to have each note (button) trigger a different chord. Its output could go into an arpeggiator to play each of the chord's notes in sequence. Send that signal to your sequencer input or an audio object so you can hear it.

Fun, right?

Logic does tend to blow minds.

ok......I tried the arpegiator.........

Dont like it....

Thats kinds what it is....but.......were are the scale styles.....

cheers.

e.

What do you mean by scale styles?

Modes of scales?

Like minor, major, chromatic, pentatonic. etc?

Logic can't give you that.

But using Arpeggiator and the fantastic Chord Memorizer Object in the Envoronment you can assign scales to a single key of your keyboard.

Pretty nice.

This way, playing arpeggios with as many scales as you like it's easy as pressing one key with one finger on your MIDI keyboard.

Great stuff.

Or are you talking about the way the scale notes of the arpeggio runs?

Like from higher (in pitch) notes to the lower ones, or vice versa, or randomly...

If you are talking about this, you set this in the Arpeggiator parameter box.

:?:

I know what he means by scale runs. Like taking a violin, and doing a fast scale for a song. I've never heard of this. I've been looking for something like this for a while now, but I hope there is this feature in Logic that does that. Man, that would be cool......

LOGIC BLOWS MY MIND!!!

Im getting pretty good......I have maxed out my little G5 iMac.....time to upgrade...

So.....until then......I have a question....

I bought a training video for logic.....a few months back....

e.

What training video did you see it in?

im still going over the 4 videos I have.....

I know its in there....

Basicaly.......its like running an arpegiator......but....in the video.....there is a drop down menue that has a list of scale....( modes ) ....

The arpegiator kinds escapes me....cant ever really get it to work.....

I will keep looking!

e.

• 3 weeks later...