head phones

hi there anyone.. im planning to get a pair of really lush headphones but am not to sure what ones to get as i live in malaysia and they dont have good ones on the rack to test hence im finding it difficult to choose one from the internet cause i cant test them.

can anyone help me to choose a really good pair of headphones? you know the most used h/p that many people use to do mixing with.i know its not advisable to mix using your headphone but hey, i can afford to build a brilliant acoustic sounding room cause it will cost a fortune

i make dance music and wanting to master and mix on the headphones

i will be using the motu traveller to the head phones to mix

any tips would be much appreciated

cheers

by the way i was thinking of getting the HDD 600 Senheisers

Short Description

The HD 600 is an audiophile quality open dynamic hi-fi/professional stereo headphone. The advanced diaphragm design eliminates standing waves in the diaphragm material. The HD 600 can be connected directly to hi-fi systems of the highest quality, in particular DAT, DCC and CD players. This headphone is an ideal choice for the professional recording engineer recording classical music.

Features

High-quality open metal mesh earpiece covers for an extremely transparent sound

Computer optimized magnet systems minimize harmonic and intermodulation distortion

Extremely lightweight aluminum voice coils ensure excellent transient response

Neodymium ferrous magnet systems ensure optimum sensitivity and an excellent dynamic response

Exceptionally natural, spatial and accurate sound

Detachable, Kevlar reinforced, OFC copper cable

The HD600 are great headphones (I've got the little brother, the HD580). However, keep in mind they are not "in your face" headphones. They are more... "in front of you, on a stage" headphones. You're not in the band, you're in the audience, watching the band.

It probably makes it great to mix jazz, or classical - but nearly impossible to use for techno or modern rock.

So it depends what you intend to do with it.

I would definitely check out the MDR-7509 for that kind of music. Great bass. The fullest bass of all the ones I tested them against. I can't remember which ones I compared them with though, it was a long time ago.

I have a set of Sony -MDR-v6 headphones. used them for years, and they give me great sound, crisp and clear . I've also mixed to them several times before and they've given me pretty accurate results.

so, I'd suggest going with the sony mdr series.

-Gabriel