Mystery solved... sort of

camillo jr

Sometimes I hit some accidental key command that ends up making many channel faders go to zero. I just found out that it's the period key and it seems to only work on audio tracks with no automation. If I hit it again it resets everything. I may keep this, haven't decided how useful that is. But which key com is it? I can't find it.

My period key doesn't do that. It is preset to Catch Clock Position (or "the little blue man" for my non-technical definitions :D )

When you say they go to zero, do you mean the 0.0db mark or they go right down to the bottom?

Either could be useful to me.

The audio faders go all the way down - off, with the exception of ones that already have volume automation. And pressing the period key again resets them to where they were, at whatever level they were set to.

I'm glad I figured out what was doing that. I have Capture last take on the comma and I see now I was sometimes hitting period by mistake. Didn't know why my audio was muting and I'd have to go in and reset them all individually.

I never created that key comm, my set is a modified one I got from someone else, so it's still a mystery which one it is. Anyone know what this key command is?

• 3 weeks later...
Strange. I just tried this and it does something cool (maybe). If I edit the automation, the toggle mute key command sets the volume to the previous state and back, not to mute! I'm still trying to figure out the logic of what state it's going back to after a couple edits. It seems you have to be careful not to edit automation while your in mute mode or the toggle will go against the other tracks. I suppose this is good in some cases where you want to a/b something. Is this completely unclear? Try it. You can open the automation arrange window and delete the automation track to start again.