Export all tracks as audio prefader

justynfromnz

So it appears that the export all tracks command is pre fader...anyone know how to do this and retain my level and pan settings in the audio file? Im bouncing out stereo music mixes for 5.1 and it would be a pian if i have to write on a piece of paper level and pan settings for each track. thanks

• 5 months later...
I can't seem to get "export track as audio file" to work post-fader. In the Logic manual it says that this function will render all active effects and automation to a new file. I haven't found this to be true. I've done simple tests with pan and volume and the automation moves are NOT reflected in the exported file. Any suggestions?

If you want to record automation + FX pan etc you can create a cycle / loop the section you want to record and solo the tracks you need (channel + fx buses etc).

Then do a bounce from the master output.

The export selection as audio track does render a track with fx / channel strip plugins. Just not the volume, pan, automation basically mixer stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion- In my experience, bounced files from Logic do not conform to the grid in Protools, whle exports do.

It appears that the Logic manual is wrong in claiming that exports will reflect automation moves.

the best way to get the bounce to conform is to make sure you record 1/2 measure before and after your cycle region then cut (crop) the file to the exact size.

I never had problems with the bounce files at all being off grid but logic can be quirky so its always safest to record a little before and after the loop and crop the file.

Yeah, that's my method, too. I don't know why the bounces do not conform properly. I do a bounce in Logic, import it into Protools, and then place it in the right spot. It is perfectly synced with the grid at first, and then gradually drifts. Exports will stay locked.

• 5 weeks later...
Yeah, that's my method, too. I don't know why the bounces do not conform properly. I do a bounce in Logic, import it into Protools, and then place it in the right spot. It is perfectly synced with the grid at first, and then gradually drifts. Exports will stay locked.

Maybe it's a sample rate problem. Make sure you bounce at the Logic session Samplerate, and if the tools samplerate differs you have to a convert SRC import. Or just use the same sample rates between sessions.