Drum editor in Logic?

mads

I'm not sure about what Cubase has, but i've read that the Hyper editor does a great job. Check www.soundonsound.com, they did an article on it.

I think it depends what your trying to acheive, different editors serve different purposes, but with a choice of the sequencer in Ultrabeat, the Matrix and Hyper editors there's plenty to be getting on with.

NO, LOGIC DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME KIND OF EDITOR LIKE DRUM EDITOR and it is a quite shame.......

Some will disagree, but I am working with MIDI drum tracks that are recorded by eDrummers on eDrums - and for this purpose the Hyper Editor isn't perfect. It is better for creating drum tracks ( and Logic manual explains this editor among other things to be the Editor for creating drum tracks...). I am often not using any quantization functions as it will destroy the natural drummer's performance, but often a few notes&controllers have to be moved...

Hyper Editor - although it has nice features (some of them you won't find in Cubase's Drum editor), it sucks many ways too. Nothing is perfect yet ;)

Moving notes to different positions could be a nightmare sometimes.

Oh - I did not find how to mute a note in Hyper Editor.

etc etc etc

I was so desperate a few years ago, when I started with Logic, that I was syncing Logic with Cubase on one Mac to be able to edit MIDI Drums in Cubase and to hear the audio from Logic...

I found that linked Hyper Edit. and Matrix Edit. windows are way to go. And I am using Mackie control for moving notes, not mouse.

Unfortunately you can not group notes in Matrix as in Hyper Editor to see for example all HiHat notes and all Toms notes in groups under each other. If I did not have a control surface that allows me to switch to "edit" mode and move notes by turning knobs than it would be unpossible to work in this editor at all. Also the fact you see no difference between muted/unmuted notes in Hyper Editor is confusing.

You can not audition the drums from Hyper edit.