Getting Logic Pro 7.2 Authorization

FingazInc

Hey all,

I have upgraded Logic Pro 6 to 7.2. I registered the software at the apple.com website, but I get a pop up when I start the software asking if I want to authorize the software manually, or automatically. I don't have internet access for my computer to do the automatic authorization, so do anyone know how I can authorize my computer to run the software manually? Not sure how to do this.

Any help welcomed.

My understanding is they XS Key is the only authorization required. I don't recall being prompted for anything else.

Well, I thought the same thing, but for some reason my software is asking me to authorize the software. It has given me four weeks to do so, so I was trying to figure out what I must do to stop the message from appearing. It allows you to authorize via the internet, and this is how I authorized Logic Pro 6. I too thought the XSKey would be it, but not so.

I did register the software, as I explained before, so I figured Apple would send that information to me so I can do the Authorization manually.

Oh well, I'll just continue my search. Thanks.

as far as i know, the key needs to be "updated"...

i switched fom the dongles i had from 2.3 on to the xs key with version 4.x

when i updated to 5.x there was no question at all...

but when updated to 7.x they asked me the same thing...it took a few seconds online to actualise the key and there i go...5.x on the old system is still running with it also, but it needed this few seconds to check my key online to start 7.x for the first time...

can´t tell you how to proceed offline...but your key needs to be actualised somehow for sure

as far as i know, the key needs to be "updated"...

can´t tell you how to proceed offline...but your key needs to be actualised somehow for sure

Well I'm not sure how to proceed offline either, but where there's a will there's a way. So I'll keep trying. Thanks again for your help.

Is there no authorisation number somewhere on the box or amongst all the various contents?

When I originally bought Gold 5 I did all my authorisation offline. As far as I remember there was a temporary number which allowed it to work for a certain amount of time but you had to e-mail that to eMagic for them to give you the full number. As different plug-ins required authorisation back then you had to do the same for all of them.

However my upgrade from Gold 6 to Pro 7 was done online.