"Prelisten" function no longer works after ProApp

theblotted

as the title reads,

before the ProApp 4.0 update, my MacPro/LP7.2.3 combo's "prelisten" function in Time & Pitch Machine for audio regions worked like a charm.

after the update, only pitch under negative values (-1 ~ beyond) lets Prelisten play the audio region back; but as soon as i change it to positive values, the position line moves but absolutely dead silence.

any thoughts/fixes?

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem. But mine didn't work either before or after the ProApp upgrade. The really strange thing is that very occasionally, it does work, then 10 seconds later without anything having changed it stops again. Some people have suggested it is caused by the hardware drivers but I think that's pretty unlikely as we are using entirely different interfaces. It used to work fine on our old G4.

I wish someone would fix this as for those of us without perfect pitch it's very difficult to guess the pitch change amount without prelisten!!

MacPro Quad 2.66 / 5GB RAM / LP 7.2.3 / OSX 10.4.9 / MOTU 2408 Mk3

No it happens exactly the same on the internal drivers.

But it actually does work consistently on the session we started today. We've only had this mac a month or so, and for most of that time we've been working on sessions that were started on the G4. I think maybe this bug only occurs in sessions which were created on PPC macs then moved to intel. God knows why, but at least if that's the case the problem will eventually go away. Bit of a pain for my 2 albums in progress though!