Track/Sound shifts after freezing!

JCcares

Not sure if anybody has had this issue.I find that after freezing tracks & saving it,when I reopen the tracks shift from its original position a bit causing the timing to go out of sync.Sometimes the tracks are in the same position but the outputted sound seems delayed.I am running Logic X booted from an external Glyph drive.Could that be a cause of these issues? Is it generally ok to run my iMac from an external drive?

How is the Glyph drive connected? Internal drives are usually faster which is why they're preferred to run OS X, but other than that, it shouldn't create problems, certainly not that problem you're describing.

It will help if you can add your Logic version/sub-version and OS X version/sub-version in your signature. On the other hand, the processor speed can be listed only once. ;) No need to list L2 and L3 caches or processor interconnect speed.

Is your project start marker on 1 1 1 1?

The one on top which says Playhead Position (SMPTE) says 01:00:00:00 but the one below it which says Playhead Position (Bars) says 1 1 1 1. Is SMPTE supposed to be at 1 1 1 1.

As for the output delay I notice a visible shift in the region from the original measure.I found a bass track on the right measure but sound delayed.I had turned off the effects on the Logic bass plug in.When I turned it back on it sounded right !

Thanks for your interaction.You sure make rocket science a lot easier !

The one on top which says Playhead Position (SMPTE) says 01:00:00:00 but the one below it which says Playhead Position (Bars) says 1 1 1 1. Is SMPTE supposed to be at 1 1 1 1.

No no, what you describe is the default behavior, and is fine.

As for the output delay I notice a visible shift in the region from the original measure.I found a bass track on the right measure but sound delayed.I had turned off the effects on the Logic bass plug in.When I turned it back on it sounded right !

Thanks for your interaction.You sure make rocket science a lot easier !

Alright! Glad to hear! :D

I found 2 other tracks delayed in measures towards the end of the song although the midi data starts at the correct position.I changed the freeze mode from Prefader to source (the blue icon) & it sounded right !Not sure why.It must be something to do with the plugins that makes it respond late.I also found some Aux plugins that I am going to delete which I don't remember adding.

(Sometimes when we try out Logic plugins from the library,it comes with all the effect plugins that meddle with the bus.And then when we remove just the instruments the bus settings still remain.I wish there could be a way of deleting the whole setup while keeping the track data intact.) I guess this is where things got messed up.

Edited-(Deleting the Aux buses didn't help.Only changing the freeze mode to source did.)

• 5 years later...

Just wanted to confirm I had this same thing happen to me. I froze ~40 tracks on a current project (Logic Pro X 10.5.1) and noticed that timing seemed off in a few spots. I tried @JCares suggestion and changing to source (blue) freezing did the trick. Unfortunately, I didn't see a way to bulk switch the freezing mode so that was a pain to change...

Anyways just wanted to confirm another case so that the Logic team and others had more visibility on the issue.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

This same problem happened to me too. It's only on a kik track. only way to get it back on time is to freeze the kik. Even if I duplicate the kick track and move it outside of the bus.. same thing occurs. Really strange bug. I think it started AFTER the first time I froze the kick track. There ARE multiple tempo changes and ramps in my session. I wonder if others here experiencing the same problem have any tempo changes in their sessions too?

21 minutes ago, HiFiLo said:

This same problem happened to me too. It's only on a kik track. only way to get it back on time is to freeze the kik. Even if I duplicate the kick track and move it outside of the bus.. same thing occurs. Really strange bug. I think it started AFTER the first time I froze the kick track. There ARE multiple tempo changes and ramps in my session. I wonder if others here experiencing the same problem have any tempo changes in their sessions too?

Which Logic version & hardware?