Error Initializing CoreMidi [SOLVED]

jzuker
Go to solution Solved by jzuker,

Thanks.

I have many 3rd party plug ins.

As far as the audio midi set up, this has happened when its been running and when its not.

Its intermittent, so its hard to diagnose. Quitting and relaunching seems to fix it. Perhaps someone has encountered and resolved this issue and know what the culprit is.

• 1 year later...

You're not using either a MOTU nor a Native Instrument midi device seemingly. How about moving these two drivers to your desktop (making sure they're deleted from withing the Library/Audio/MIDI Devices folder), reboot, and see whether you can acess your M-Audio keyboard?

PS : it might be good that you complete your signature with the details of your Logic & OS X versions, hardware détails, etc.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

my signature is out of date.

-I’d update my sig, but I can’t right now, because I’m reverting back to sierra after high sierra just broke logic. thanks again apple!

*edit:

I've updated my signature. The problem is still occurring. Not "solved" for me. Wondering if it has anything to do with my MOTU micro lite. It used to work fine, however... probably 2-3 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
This warning message means at one point you had a midi interface connected to your computer such as an input audio box, midi keyboard, etc for an input device into Logic but you have since disconnected it. Even though you disconnected it, Logic is still trying to use it as either and input or output source. On the menu at the top left, go to "Logic Pro" > Preferences > Audio and take a look at your Input Device and Output Device. It may be temporarily using the old midi device. If so try changing it to a valid device such as your computers output speakers or if it is the input device giving you issues you can choose "None". Remember to hit the "Apply Changes" button near the bottom. Save your project after you finish and the next time you start Logic you shouldn't have an issue.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So this issue has been plaguing me for months on my High Sierra-running Late 2009 (!) iMac. None of the solutions I found online worked including the ones in this thread.

What worked for me:

- Open up Audio/MIDI Setup

- Window Menu -> MIDI Studio

- Clicked the little arrows below my soundcard a couple of times (they turned yellow and then notification popped up with a message saying number of inputs/outputs had changed)

- Opened Logic and all working fine, no reset needed

Hope it works for some other people!

Update: I think that actually wasn't my issue maybe.

I forgot to mention I use Sonarworks' Systemwide room correction kit. I think the issue for me is that I was opening up Logic with it selected as both the Output AND the Input Device. I changed the input device to my Scarlett 8i8 and now it's fine. Makes sense!

• 1 month later...

well i use sonarworks too, but not as an input device in logic. here it is placed in the end of chain solely as a plug. my input/output device are the apollo‘s x6/twinx interfaces when running logic.

better to keep the systemwide mode of sonarworks out of logic.