Transferring Alchemy presets' rating between Macs

Atlas007

I recently acquired a new Mac Pro (where I installed Logic Pro X) and would like to save me the tedious task of re-rating the numerous patches I had rated so far in Logic installed on my former MacBook Pro.

Is there an easy way to do so? If so how?

Thanx in advance for your help!

I noticed that there are various paths leading to Alchemy Plug-Ins.

There is the one you mention:

Macintosh HD > Users >"You">Music>Audio Music Apps>Plug-In Settings>Alchemy

There is also this one:

Macintosh HD > Users >"You"> Library>Application Support>Logic>Plug-In Settings>Alchemy

And there is that one:

Macintosh HD > Library>Application Support>Logic>Plug-In Settings>Alchemy.

I understand that the 3rd one is where the factory presets are stored. And that is not to be touched.

What is the difference between the first and second above mentioned path? What are their roles?

Thank you very much Eric!

Considering it is a fresh new install of Logic Pro v.10.2.2 on a new computer, would it be detrimental if I was deleting the presets contained in those folders:

Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Logic > Plug-In Settings > [plugins]

...since they seem redundant in:

Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Music > Audio Music Apps > Plug-In Settings > [plugins]

Also worth mentioning, I don't intend installing or using Logic Pro 9 on that new computer...

Edited by Atlas007

No.

You can delete files if you really want but it will affect your setup. Everything in the Audio Music Apps folder is what separate your version of Logic with others.

Hard links are a direct address to the files on your system. Almost all objects you see in Finder or the Terminal are hard links.

The difference here is that you have two hard links on different locations pointing to the exact same file. For compatibility there is still an entry in Application Support but LPX defaults to write and read from the Audio Music Apps folder.

Ok, it's getting a little clearer (I think)...

So if I understand well, I could copy my preset files from my MacBookPro (found in those locations):

(MacBookPro)-Macintosh HD > Users > [Atlas007] > Library > Application Support > Logic > Plug-In Settings > [plugins]

and from:

(MacBookPro)-Macintosh HD > Users > [Atlas007] >Music > Audio Music Apps > Plug-In Settings > [plugins]

to my Mac Pro corresponding plugins folders locations:

(Mac Pro)-Macintosh HD > Users > [Atlas007] >Music > Audio Music Apps > Plug-In Settings > [plugins]

... considering that I don't intend installing or using Logic Pro 9 on the Mac Pro computer...

Would that be detrimental, or would it be a valid way to transfer my presets from MacBook Pro to the new MacPro?

Thanx again very much for your dedicated help, patience and understanding!

So if I understand well, I could copy my preset files from my MacBookPro (found in those locations):

(MacBookPro)-Macintosh HD > Users > [Atlas007] > Library > Application Support > Logic > Plug-In Settings > [plugins]

and from:

(MacBookPro)-Macintosh HD > Users > [Atlas007] >Music > Audio Music Apps > Plug-In Settings > [plugins]

You are overthinking this...

Choose one of the locations.

You don't need both since they are pointing to the same files.