Control Surface Bundles: How are they authored?

scottkrk

As far as I know, Pretty sure you have to apply to Apple, then sign up for a development kit, which contains documentation and source code examples, and then you build them with Xcode.

It's not a thing anyone can do, you need to be a company with a legitimate product to be able to get the development kit.

It's something I'd like to get access to as well...

What control surface bundles are you referring to?

Could you be more explicit?

Don't know how much more explicit you can be than using the actual name of the specific thing you refer to. ;)

Control surface bundles are the bundle that let's Logic interface to a third-party control surface - ie, it contains the specific handling for a specific control surface. Logic comes with a bunch, but third-party developers can also make them.

I bought a Presonus FaderPort a couple of weeks, I have spent hours editing the settings and have finally got it 100% functional, in LXP 10.2.2 and LP 9.1.8

I want to share it with others and it would be easier to share it as a bundle, sharing a com.apple.logic.pro.cs file is a lot more cumbersome and risky.

I would also be happy to gift it to Apple, if anyone can suggest how?