Logic Pro X Audio Cutting Out Randomly When Playing [SOLVED]

OC23

I will try to describe this as best as I can.

Basically whenever I play my track in Logic everything goes fine, but throughout the track there will be random times where the audio cuts out, where it simply doesn't play. This cut out lasts a fraction of a second. After this cut out, the track will continue to play as if nothing happened. The cut out is random, meaning it does not always cut out at the same points. There may be some points that seem to be more prone to cutting out and these areas seem to be areas with more automation or near fills before the next bar. The cutout is recorded into the track whenever I export a mix so it is very frustrating.

Will appreciate any help.

I do have some cracked 3rd party plugins, but none of them seem to be in demo mode. I try to Logic's own plugins or ones that I have bought mostly but yes I do use some cracked 3rd party plugins.

If I try this method and it is not a 3rd party plugin what do I do?

And if it is a 3rd party plugin, how do I pinpoint exactly which 1 it is?

Basically if I don't fix this problem I won't ever be able to export any tracks properly to send to people so I need to find the root cause of the problem...

Doesn't seem to be the issue. I cleaned up my project files a lot used as little 3rd party plugins as possible and the few that were 3rd party I bounced to audio.

I also tried importing the project into a new project to see if the issue occurs and it still does.

It's literally just a little pause stop in the track and it continues to play as it does as if nothing happened.

Anyone help me out please?

There's obviously a solution to this.

Another question (... off topic question removed by admin ...)

Will do.

But back to this thread's issue, it doesn't seem to be 3rd party plugins. I also notice that this cutting out of audio more likely occurs when the project file is larger. Could this be the cause?

But back to this thread's issue, it doesn't seem to be 3rd party plugins. I also notice that this cutting out of audio more likely occurs when the project file is larger. Could this be the cause?

Under Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio > General, is Display Audio Engine Overload Messages selected? It should be.

I will keep investigating and if it really is a 3rd party plugin issue I may try to export a seperate project with only logic plugins.

I'm looking at i/o buffer size rn and software/hardware. I am still on yosemite, could this be an issue? Should I upgrade to El Capitan to see?

So the clicks and pops are definetely never always in the same spot, but some spots seem to be more vulnerable to these clicks and pops, usually the section right before the start of a new bar or phrase.

Sorry but from what I thought audio cutting out really quicky and playing again was the same as clicks and pops? Like it'll click/pop but then it continues to play.

I will try to bounce out a section to show you what i'm talking about. It's literally a fraction of a second of a cut/pause/click/pop then it goes on to play as if nothing happened.

Audio cutting out means you hear little gaps, little silences in your music? How long are those dropouts? 1 second? 500ms? 5ms?

Clicks and pops are noise that are heard over the top of your music: the music never stops.

Definitely less than a second. Well then maybe they are clicks/pops? The silence/click is so quick it's hard to tell if the audio stops for that 5 ms or what, but the music NEVER STOPS. If I hit play it will play, there may be some cuts/clicks/pops, but it will never stop playing unless it says system overload.

You will get a windowed printed alert message (error -1001x) from Logic popping up on some extreme occasions, but you could get what you describe (crackles, pops, skips, etc...) when the CPU overloads without stopping Logic working or displaying that alert message. Here are som insights in that regards that contains valuable tips to prevent that.

Hey yea you may be right. But I have some questions because I may have a fundamental misunderstanding on how much memory some VSTS take up.

Given my current set up (see sig), what would be considered a big project or considered a lot of CPU usage? Given my specs, would I be able to have a track with 150 tracks going on about 2gb project file size? Would I be able to have say 5 tracks of Serum or Spire running at the same time with no problems or should I be bouncing my heavy VST tracks into audio?

Is having 1 instance of say Serum or Spire open in a project equivalent to having an average computer game opened and playing in the background?

I ask because I have a pretty good specced out MBP, but I may have a misunderstanding on the CPU usage in Logic and may be overestimating what my MBP can do hench having really big project files and constant system overload.

I have already bounced some stuff to audio and removed unneeded plugins in the project to clean it up and decrease the size/load.

Perhaps given my situation should I be working on cleaning it up even more and bouncing to audio?

Can you solo some tracks and see if the clicks and pops are coming from a specific track?

Or can you remove some plug-ins to make the CPU meter come down and see if that makes the clicks and pops disappear?

Most tracks were fine, I soloed 1 pad though and there was a click that I heard, but it is just 1 sylenth patch so it shouldn't be that big of an issue? I froze it anyways and there were still cracks so that didn't help.

What should my I/O settings be based off my specs?

Seems to be the issue where the clicks/pops occur when it system overloads but the system overload box doesn't come up so it keeps playing.

I can try to bounce something out and show you the click/pop/cut I am talking about?