Project files loading very slowly

eieio
Go to solution Solved by eieio,

I've read a couple of posts on this forum regarding the slow-loading of LPX projects and it seemed that they were either unanswered or ineffective replies. I think I may have more info (a clue) for those who are still bothered by this. I've been experiencing very slow load times for projects in the last couple of months. I think it may involve the use of Waves plugins within the project. To test, I opened LPX with a new project and it opened instantaneously, as expected. I added UAD plugins, saved, closed, and reopened, instantaneously, as expected. I added Waves plugins, saved, closed, and reopened. Slowdown City. The more Waves plugins within the project, the slower the reloading of that project. I have contacted Waves support and I'm waiting for their reply. I'll report what they tell me. Tbc...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Update on the slow-loading Project file question:

Waves cache and preference files were the reason. I suspect it could also happen with other third-party PI's, but I haven't experienced that. Waves sent me these instructions, which I've attached as a screenshot, with directions to clean up the files. I started with step #2. Hope it helps others out there. It did the trick for me, back to normal project-loading now.

1755635599_Wavesslowdowninfo.png.c9b937e082dae7758999989107647090.png

• 1 year later...

Waking up this old thread.

I'm experiencing the same issue at the moment, but with Waves 10.0.1.3.

Does anybody know if the above solution also solves the slow loading time issue with this version?

I'm apprehensive to try it as i'm approaching a deadline, but if it has been proved to work safely with Waves 10 i may well give it a go.

Waking up this old thread.

I'm experiencing the same issue at the moment, but with Waves 10.0.1.3.

Does anybody know if the above solution also solves the slow loading time issue with this version?

I'm apprehensive to try it as i'm approaching a deadline, but if it has been proved to work safely with Waves 10 i may well give it a go.

This thread is marked as solved so it most likely won't get much attention now. I suggest you start a new thread for your issue.

Happened to see this post from slipperhero. Try this solution: When you are in Waves License Center, click on licenses, and click REFRESH. Even if you think everything is up to date. Apparently this fixes the problem. Don't know why or how, but it works. Waves!?@#$%^

• 1 month later...