Automation not happening when its supposed to

JOB

This has always happened to me with Logic, friends too. I've always just found workarounds (dealing with it till I'm ready to commit, bouncing audio in sections), but I'm trying to get to the bottom of anything that's unnecessarily increasing my workload and time spent and decresing my enjoyment-of-process.

Here's the video. I have a set of controllers all precisely set to the 1. But they fire off early, during the last note of the measure before they're set to. WHY? What do I need to do to get them to fire off exactly when they're set to?

Thanks!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/THqixndcopUDKBTbw45F7a4sdcVswwMSy4aqKTpI8c7uzEv51k4EToLOTBfRaduH/file

Took some digging but found it. If this thread doesn't need to exist feel free to delete.

viewtopic.php?p=188707#188707

Prefs > Audio > General > Sample Accurate Automation

"There are three settings for this parameter:

- Off

- Volume, Pan, Sends

- Volume, Pan, Sends, Plug-in Parameters

For some reason I had it set to "volume, pan, sends" (the second one). Switching it to the third one, which includes plug-in parameters, solved the issue."

Yeah plugin latency is set to all.

I did some testing around. Its not the busses, its the bypass automation. Automations within the plugins are working fine across the board. Automating a plugin's bypass on/off triggers early.

From past forum posts, it seems this bypass automation issue has to do with earlier versions of Logic Pro X? viewtopic.php?t=83505

I'm indeed on an older version, I don't tend to update as I always have projects going on and honestly just want to make music and not worry about new stuff and updates in general unless I have to.

Is this issue just something I need to work around till I hit a stopping point and can update Logic?

I can't, its work not pleasure and things need to be on lock.

If the issue is down to just the bypasses I can work around it easy enough, that'll just mean a few extra steps at the end that'll cost 10-20 minutes or so, the main automation issue is settled so I'm good to go.

I'll be able to update everything after this project, I just don't want to be messing with things right now, one experience many years ago still has me on edge with updates. Thanks for your help!

• 1 year later...

So this continues to happen. Its to the point where workarounds aren't practical. I need to solve this somehow. I'm on 10.3.3 now and its still happening.

Any ideas on why bypass automation on busses is "I'll get you sorta kinda close" instead of on point?

Another example, the bypass turns on and off whenever it feels like it sorta close to where its drawn in: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ymv5x5f66rkrqpq/img_5510.mov?dl=0

EDIT:

I reduced the session to a bounce of just the drums (I was going to send it to David Nahmani to look at the project like he offered to do) and it works fine:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lhzk2y1x2x01ijj/img_5511.mov?dl=0

So it only happens once a project reaches a certain size.

Ideas???

Use wet/dry mix, automation to bypass instead?

That works sometimes. It depends on the plugin, many color even when "dry." And often I've got different volumes set, the output of the plugin will be quieter.

I want to simply be able to bypass a plugin when its set to bypass. I don't understand why this isn't working. Its just a basic on/off command.

Any other ideas?