File Missing - com.apple.audiounits.cache

Wancho

Hi there,

I've been digging around the interwebs about solving a Logic X issue of not recognising a couple of my AU plugins but am yet to solve my problem..

The main fix seems to be deleting the "com.apple.audiounits.cache", but I do not have this file. Is there a reason why this would be missing? And what can I do about it?

I have reset permissions already, and done the classic reboot + re-install of the plugins, but still no luck. The compatibility of the plugins are also sound and I double checked already - supporting 64 bit. Both of these worked when I was using Logic 9 - I have High Sierra 10.13.6 now.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

The main fix seems to be deleting the "com.apple.audiounits.cache", but I do not have this file.

It's in the User Library, which is hidden by default.

Hold down Option in the Finder and click on Go and the Library icon will appear.

Then you can go to Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache and it should be there.

The main fix seems to be deleting the "com.apple.audiounits.cache", but I do not have this file.

It's in the User Library, which is hidden by default.

Hold down Option in the Finder and click on Go and the Library icon will appear.

Then you can go to Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache and it should be there.

Yeh, I checked there already. A number of times after each step of reinstalling, resetting permissions etc

It is possible that as you have been using LP9 on the same computer and that the 3rd party plugin installation location have changed in LPX, perhaps there is an installation procedure made in a "wrong" location (old LP9 instead of LPX's, or vice-versa). Although Logic had been coded to cover the situation, perhaps the 3rd party plugin installer hasn't been. Maybe copying the installed files in both location (old LP9 and LPX) could circumvent this issue?

I started from a fresh re format. no Logic 9.

And actually, I turned on after leaving my system for a few hours, and now they are appearing, no problem! Very strange, but I'm not complaining.

There is still no cache file though, which, if anyone can explain, it'd be good to know why?

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Came here to say I just discovered I have exactly the same issue. The 'Mini V' by Arturia is causing a particular project to crash and so I got in touch with Arturia and they suggested I reset my audio unit cache and that I delete the following files - 'com.apple.audiounits.cache', 'com.apple.audiounits.sandboxed.cache'. I went through the steps they laid out for me, and cannot find the relevant files anywhere.

Anyone know how to make them reappear?

I'm unsure if this is related but every time I open up Logic it has a scanning process where it scans my Audio Units. It's been doing it for years and I have no idea how to stop it. I kind of just got used to it, and nearly always click on 'abort scan', but would be good to get that fixed.

Cheers!

Logic X 10.15.1

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

The file is (at least up to Mojave):

/Users/*yourusername*/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.cache

I don't use Catalina, so don't know about the sandboxed version.

Hi mate,

Quality. I managed to access it through your method and have moved it in to my library folder for easier access. I deleted the cache and opened up Logic, it rescanned everything but unfortunately I still can't open certain projects supposedly due to some third party plug-ins.

Cheers

• 1 month later...