The Formats For This Forum

art Lowell

Two things: Why am I not seeing either a "Submit" button or a little "edit" pencil for some of these comments?

Also, I would like to be able to update my profile with a picture and change it to post info like what operating system I'm using and any other kind of info that would help in answering my question. Where would I post information like this?

Two things: Why am I not seeing either a "Submit" button or a little "edit" pencil for some of these comments?

You should see a pencil icon only for your own posts, and only when the viewport (browser window) is wide enough to display all the icons. When the browser window is narrow, the icons are replaced by three little dots you can click to access the equivalent features in a pop-up menu.

Also, I would like to be able to update my profile with a picture

Yes! I strongly do encourage that. It makes the forum more alive and it also makes it easier for everyone to quickly and visually identify all your posts in a thread, rather than seeing the generic grayed out profile drawing with only your username to identify it.

To upload your own avatar:

1. Click the little avatar (yours is the generic gray one) at the very top right of this forum.

2. Choose User Control Panel.

3. In the User Control Panel, click the Profile tab.

4. In the column on the left, click Edit avatar.

From then on it should be self-explanatory but let me know if you have issues.

Yes. I found that. it only said that any "avatars" need to be approved.

What? Where does it say that? That's not true, and I don't see where it says that in our FAQ? It should say this:

How do I display an avatar?

Within your User Control Panel, under “Profile” you can add an avatar by using one of the four following methods: Gravatar, Gallery, Remote or Upload. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and to choose the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars, contact a board administrator.

OK, fine. you don't want any profile pictures for regular members.

No: what it says is that you need to register an account in order to have your avatar.