marker /tempo craziness [FIXED in Logic Pro X 10.1]

leytonnz

This problem never happened for me under 10.0.6

Something I by chance noticed this morning that could be a workaround (perhaps for everyone). If I dragged the tempo list (Mouse click and drag off the tempo editor) to a new window, all tempos appeared again.

Weird

but worked

Wow, that worked for me too. Thanks.

I have the tempo float window, as you suggested, properly listing the tempo events and the tempo list editor blank.

Different bug but maybe you've come across it -

my smpte LCD doesn't let me scroll to a location if I have a smpte offset set. this is a huge problem. have you come across it? - (actually I should start a new thread on this)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

The subject says it all. For some reason, when I hit "T" to get the embedded Tempo window, I'm getting the following view as the offset, despite the fact that I never saved this as part of the Screenset. Is this a bug, and how can I make it default to the "normal" Tempo window (listing active tempo changes for the current project?) I should add that I've tried re-saving the Screenset with the normal Tempo view visible, but when I hit "T" again it goes back to the view as in the attached. Much thanks as this has been driving me nuts! :-)

- rj

TempoWindowStrangenessb.thumb.png.18ed199c282a7d7393c97b1a8ecb42d7.png

when I hit "T" to get the embedded Tempo window

They mentioned something about key commands having something to do with this bug and I've just confirmed it:

If I use the key command "D" (Logic Pro X's default key command for showing/hiding list editors), the tempo events in the Tempo List never disappear. If I use the specific "Show/Hide Tempo List" command with any key combo (be it the old "T" or a newly-assigned combo) the tempo events disappear and never come back even fi I go back to using "Show/Hide List Editors". The events only re-appear after closing/re-opening the project or quitting/opening Logic itself.

Workaround: To avoid this, either don't use the "Show/Hide Tempo List" command (use "Show/Hide List Editors") or use the Tempo List as a floating window ("Open Tempo List..." command).

J.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, I was doing everything properly - bar number plus tempo. I did figure out a way to make it work. It appears that the new caveat is that the cursor has to be on the bar number in the arrange window before what you type in the tempo window will "take."

This seems to be a Logic X thing; I've never had to do that before in previous versions. If it isn't a bug, it's definitely more convoluted.