Logic X - Mavericks: Audio dropout every 20 seconds [SOLVED]

thepianoist

Logic Pro X output drops out for about 1 second, about every 18-20 seconds consistently. Brand new iMac, NO fusion drive.

I have tried with multiple output devices including the built-in output. Result is the same.

Audio and instrument tracks behave the same. The tracks themselves still show that they are producing a signal, however the actual output track in Logic shows the dropout.

Updated all software, restarted... no difference.

All instruments, be it Kontakt, Omnisphere, Sculpture... no difference.

Increased buffer size to maximum... no difference. Decreased to minimum, no difference.

Uninstalled Kontakt 5 and reinstalled since I heard it had issues with Mavericks... no difference.

Played other music while hitting playback in Logic - Only Logic audio drops out.

Bounced a WAV of a session and the dropouts are present in the WAV file... :(

Until a couple days ago I've been working on a 2011 27inch imac with Mountain Lion, everything else exactly the same, no issues at all. Please help. I'm all out of ideas.

System:

Late 2013 27-inch iMac

3.5Ghz quad i7

32 Gb RAM

500Gb SSD

OSX 10.9.2

Brilliant. I continue to embarrass myself on these forums.

It was Ozone 5, which I have on my master output. Moving to Mavericks unregistered it.

Oddly though, it still caused other sessions to have dropouts, even when not loaded. I actually had opened a new completely blank session with NO plugins, and dropouts would happen with just a simple piano instrument track from the built-in sounds. That baffles me, though now that I've authorized it, everything works fine.

Thank you very much.

• 5 years later...
Hi Stephen,

You're right, it's really odd that you were able to reproduce the issue on project files that did not have the Ozone plug-in!!

But in any case, glad to hear you resolved it. :)

this post helped me with the same problem and i was confused about what the problem could be. thank you.

• 5 months later...