Pitch-Unison in Alchemy

HVYW8

I believe that's maybe an old feature and they just removed it. Those presets are probably old ones that used it, but the new Alchemy doesn't include it. I noticed that with the preset 12 String Split, if you go to all 4 oscillators and set that menu (Pitch Unison) to None, once you set the last one and try to add it, it's gone. The same for Pan Unison.

I really don't know why they would remove it, but from what I saw, the Pitch Unison was pretty bad and ruined the sound in a very unpleasant way. The Pan Unison is more useful though.

Anyway, I would love Apple to actually introduce a real Detune to Additive the same way we have it for VA. I don't know why we don't have it. It would be great!

Interesting - it seems those options aren't available from the initial preset. In this situation I would probably make my own default preset deconstructed from a preset which does have the Pitch-Unison (and Pan-Unison it would seem, in the third column).

Also, having had a quick fiddle with Alchemy, I notice I have additional entries in that 2nd column menu: as well as Beating, Stretch, Shift and Magnet I have Noise, which I don't notice in your menu (and I don't remember playing with in the past, so I'll have a little go now!). Are you on the latest version?

Wow. You learn something new every day... I usually build my own sounds with Alchemy and I had no idea this feature even existed. If used sparingly, it sounds like a normal detune to me. Hell, I'm even a fan of how extreme it goes, but I can see where that wouldn't be for everyone. I just made a new Init so I can access this whenever I want. Thanks!

Yes, Thanks for the Pitch Unison patch.

I found this “legacy” note in Apple's current Alchemy manual:

• Note: Some effects are included only for compatibility with older Alchemy versions. These effects are shown when a preset based on the older Alchemy architecture is loaded, but you cannot see, nor insert, these “legacy” effects in new presets or in presets designed for the new Alchemy architecture.

Also, I found a download link to an older version Alchemy manual from Camel. Lots of additional legacy documentation here.

https://recording.de/attachments/alchemy-manual-1-50-pdf.50506/

I went and tweaked one of the presets to match the default init preset when you click Initialize Preset, but with those options available. Pretty much like the one already shared here, but the one being shared would depend on an additive file.

On mine, the preset itself doesn't depend on any external file. Actually, you don't even have to have it set to Additive in order to keep those features.

All you have to do is to NEVER set those features to NONE. You can, if you want to, but at least one of the oscillators has to have them as Pitch-Unison and Pan-Unison. Just turned them off if you are not using them.

The thing is: as soon as the last oscillator with those features is set to NONE, the feature goes away.

Here:

Init with Additive legacy features.zip