UltraBeat Drums Pitch

Real

I created a custom kit for myself and I wanted to pitch bend the snare. I notice it would not work but if I use a normal kit the pitch bend works great, what should I be looking at within UltraBeat?

I did a search and did not find anything useful that I could use. I am doing all my programing within UltraBeat.

You have 4 MIDI controller assignments of your choice available at the top of your UB window.

By default you have assignment B set to "Pitch" so lets use this one for now.

Go to the oscillator parameters and look at pitch. Here you can choose how you want to modulate the pitch. Set mod to "Max" and via to "CtrlB".

You can now see two handles appear by the pitch parameter. Drag the green one up to a value of +12 (Remember that you can always use Shift to move the handle in smaller steps!).

Voila!

1490968104_Screenshot2011-05-07at2_26_23PM.png.cb0a87d9b964878f8c2bf5bfb5e21cde.png

Pitch is E, and though it 'controls' pitch, I wouldn't call it a controller, just "Pitch Bend"

Well... maybe not a Continuous Controller but still a dedicated controller don't you think?

Yes, absolutely - it is just my thoughtprocess making the difference - simply because PB has a different first byte than the other CC I see it as a "separate" category... so it's my "bad", in a way.

Still, no Pbending Snares in UB kits by default - it needs assigning and the green handle-Max-Ctrl B method you've shown seems to be the fastest, simplest and most straightforward way to do that, so I hope the OP is happy now... :)

Yes I am able to pitch the sound but I was trying to do a snare pitch bend just to learn and know how to do it just in case someone ever asked me.

I was able to do it using the ESX24 but could not do it in Ultrabeat, I know how to change the pitch with a sound but I was not clear with my question and I am sorry for that I hope I made it clear this time.

I just used the EX24 to get the sound that I needed still could not get my snare to pitch down with Ultrabeat, meaning as the sound is playing it starts with a higher pitch and goes to a lower pitch while still playing.

I just used the EX24 to get the sound that I needed still could not get my snare to pitch down with Ultrabeat, meaning as the sound is playing it starts with a higher pitch and goes to a lower pitch while still playing.

???

You're not doing it right then.

But "whatever works" is what matters in the end. At least you know that it is posible and very simple actually.

• 2 years later...
You have 4 MIDI controller assignments of your choice available at the top of your UB window.

By default you have assignment B set to "Pitch" so lets use this one for now.

Go to the oscillator parameters and look at pitch. Here you can choose how you want to modulate the pitch. Set mod to "Max" and via to "CtrlB".

You can now see two handles appear by the pitch parameter. Drag the green one up to a value of +12 (Remember that you can always use Shift to move the handle in smaller steps!).

Voila!

Hi, yes, I used this technique to a tee the first time I tried it, but now trying the exact same thing doesn't seem to work for me. Any idea why I can't get this to work anymore?