Import Audio without tempo change? [SOLVED]

sixtenmusic

Hi everyone,

I'm a Pro Tools user who has recently picked up Logic Pro, and this might seem like a n00b question, but I'm baffled as to how to fix it. I'm working on scoring a piece of film, and I'm trying to add an extra piece of music from an mp3 at the end. The end of the project is 130bpm, but the mp3 is much slower. Every time I import the audio, the mp3 conforms to the project's bpm, and I just want to import the mp3 at its original tempo. Is there a way around this? I'm not sure what the song's original tempo is, so I can't just change it in the project.

• 9 years later...

Hello,

My apologies for replying to this thread years later. But, I seem to be having the exact same issue! Although I did make sure that the sample rate of the audio files being imported in logic as well as the logic session sample rate are the same. I should also note that I have imported these high quality instrument tracks (similar to karaoke tracks) into my logic sessions in the past for the purposes of recording my practices. Now, all of a sudden, when these tracks are being dragged into Logic, their tempo is being sped up. Appreciate the help in advance!