How do I set up Drum Kit designer Multi-Timbral 16 parts

Logicman2

11 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Each track has a Key Limit parameter in the Track inspector. If you set both Key Limit values for example to C3 then only a C3 note will trigger that track, no other pitch will. 

Something you would not have to do if you simply put all your drum instrument channel strips into the pads of a Drum Machine Designer, because you can set input and output note for each pad…

• Like 1

Just now, polanoid said:

Something you would not have to do if you simply put all your drum instrument channel strips into the pads of a Drum Machine Designer, because you can set input and output note for each pad…

Yes, I agree that Drum Machine Designer may be a good solution here. 

@Logicman2 , what I would personally suggest is that you try the different solutions provided here (Drum Machine Designer, or the Summing Stack method) and see which suits you better. Let us know if you hit a snag in the process. 

13 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Each track has a Key Limit parameter in the Track inspector. If you set both Key Limit values for example to C3 then only a C3 note will trigger that track, no other pitch will. 

Thank you. I did this and it works great for 2 of the tracks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

Yes, I agree that Drum Machine Designer may be a good solution here. 

@Logicman2 , what I would personally suggest is that you try the different solutions provided here (Drum Machine Designer, or the Summing Stack method) and see which suits you better. Let us know if you hit a snag in the process. 

Can I use the Drum kit designer sounds in Drum machine designer?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Logicman2 said:

Can I use the Drum kit designer sounds in Drum machine designer?

Yes. In fact Drum Machine Designer is just an interface/routing device, it will route incoming MIDI notes to different channel strips where you can use whatever instrument you want. Drum Kit Designer is a nice fancy GUI for Sampler, you can use either DKD or Sampler to trigger the same samples. It's all very flexible but you'll need to spend a bit of time to set it up the way you want. 

46 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Yes. In fact Drum Machine Designer is just an interface/routing device, it will route incoming MIDI notes to different channel strips where you can use whatever instrument you want. Drum Kit Designer is a nice fancy GUI for Sampler, you can use either DKD or Sampler to trigger the same samples. It's all very flexible but you'll need to spend a bit of time to set it up the way you want. 

Is there a video or guide on how to do this?

4 minutes ago, Logicman2 said:

Is there a video or guide on how to do this?

Do this: 

1. Create a new software instrument track.
  2. Insert Drum Machine Designer in the Instrument slot. 
  3. Click a pad in DMD: that pad's channel strip is displayed on the right in the Inspector.
  4. Open the Library.
  5. At the top of the right channel strip in the Inspector, click to the left of the Settings button to point the blue triangle from the Library toward that button.
  6. Choose a Patch from the Library.

57 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Apples website says select new track then in Library select Electronic drum kit. It's not in the list. I have the latest Logic 10.7.4

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 8.07.36 AM.png

1 minute ago, Logicman2 said:

Apples website says select new track then in Library select Electronic drum kit. It's not in the list. I have the latest Logic 10.7.4

You'd have to create the track first, then look in the Library (left pane in the main window). 

But in any case, instead, try what I suggested in my previous post. 

6 minutes ago, Logicman2 said:

All of this would be avoidable if Drum kit designer had ability to add more toms and a splash and China cymbal option. 

Why not use Sampler instead then? As David already pointed out DkD is just a fancy UI for Sampler (with lots of limitations)

12 minutes ago, polanoid said:

Why not use Sampler instead then? As David already pointed out DkD is just a fancy UI for Sampler (with lots of limitations)

I tried this, but I have extra drums and cymbals. Can I add more script parameters, maybe another tom and a few more cymbal parameters? Or can I use stick and clap for a cymbal and splash?

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 9.11.01 AM.png

33 minutes ago, Logicman2 said:

Can I add more script parameters, maybe another tom and a few more cymbal parameters? Or can I use stick and clap for a cymbal and splash?

Yes, you can definitely add a few more drum kit pieces to the Drum Remapper script and custom name them. If you need help with that, start a new topic in the MIDI FX Plug-In Scripts forum and we'll help you out. 

22 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Try holding Shift as you reload the page in your browser to empty your cache?

That didn't change the look.

I think I see what is happening...

The url-text turns blue only when the mouse pointer is hovering over it, otherwise it remains black. That is what is happening over here.

Isn't possible to set the url-text to be underlined and blue all the time, to make the presence of the url really obvious at first glance?

Accessing the forum via an iPad or a tablet, the url-text never turns blue.

Edited by Atlas007

1 minute ago, David Nahmani said:

That's not what happens here. Did you try Shift-reloading? What template are you using?

I am using Firefox on my PC. I cleared the cache to no avail.

I use Safari on my iPad, I don't know how to clear the cache (couldn't find the parameter in the settings). The url-text remain black. I don't actually know for sure what you mean by theme? If that is what you mean: the iPad's display either in dark or light mode doesn't affect same.

Safari on my Mac: the url-text also appear always black unless hovering over it... Shift reloading the page doesn't help. I don't know what you mean by theme here...