Logic 10.4.1 Released

G.K.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718

New in Logic Pro X 10.4.1

Stability/Reliability

Logic Pro no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when clicking on an automation point in a project that starts before bar one.

Logic Pro no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when switching Room Types in the ChromaVerb plug-in.

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when Auto Punch recording in Keep Mode with no metronome.

Logic Pro no longer rarely quits unexpectedly when loading Space Designer presets created in older versions of Logic Pro.

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when pressing Command–Period (.) to stop and discard an in-progress audio recording.

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when opening certain projects created in earlier versions.

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when loading certain Alchemy presets that were originally created in Chameleon 5000

Logic Pro no longer freezes when horizontally zooming while recording.

Logic Pro no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when creating a new project on a computer that is also running Parallels.

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when a channel strip setting is loaded while the EXS editor is open with unsaved changes.

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when performing Undo after packing a folder in the Tracks area.

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when pressing Play after automation has been copied from one track to another.

Enabling Auto Voice Split and setting Humanize to a high value in the Studio Instruments no longer sometimes causes notes to hang when Cycle Pre-Processing is enabled in the Preferences.

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly sometimes when changing presets in the Klopfgeist instrument plug-in.

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly sometimes when using a non-US keyboard to enter certain characters into the Scripter plug-in.

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly in certain rare cases when opening projects created in earlier versions.

Undoing the creation of a Track Stack or deletion of an Aux in the Mixer no longer sometimes sets all channels to No Output and disables the Audio Engine.

Logic Pro no longer sometimes becomes unresponsive after removing an instance of Space Designer from a project originally created in a previous version.

Oooh nice! So nice to see the care and attention the Logic team is putting into it, both in larger updates and these fixes.

Though, I will miss launching 10.4 and pretend-speaking with myself in police radio voice: «allright dispatch we’re opening Logic - ten-four» tchhk-tchhk bzzt

I have been very happy with 10.4, a few unexpected quits but I simply relaunched and was back to where I left off.

This is actually my favourite version of logic, my previous favourite was Logic Audio Platinum 4.8.x from around the turn of the millennium.

Be still my beating heart I'm falling in love all over again. :D

shame; 10.4 did NOT make me download 'essential content' (much of which i deleted, ie apple loops, etc), but 10.4.1 is not so forgiving (so, 700meg of stuff i don't need).

have (finally) learned to leave it where it is, so i don't have to go thru this with every new update. not urgent, just annoying...

I don't know how you think it makes you do anything. It suggests there are updates to the library, but leaves it to you whether you want to download them, via the sound library manager.

this is about 'essential content'; that popup will come up every time i open logic, and it will start to download... until i stop it. for some reason, in 10.4.1, the window won't go away, but, at least, it hides behind a project window. still, annoying, so, to get rid of it interfering every time i open logic... i downloaded the content, and am back to work.

Has the problem with drag-repeating regions not falling on measure boundaries at some tempos been fixed? Do we still have to use the menu repeat function to prevent mystery offsets?

And there was another issue with pasted regions not lining up, I forget the exact scenario.

This is the stuff of nightmares when you can't just use a "professional" app as God intended and have to be double-checking for tiny offsets that only become obvious after you're far along in a project. Hope it's fixed ...

Has the problem with drag-repeating regions not falling on measure boundaries at some tempos been fixed? Do we still have to use the menu repeat function to prevent mystery offsets?

And there was another issue with pasted regions not lining up, I forget the exact scenario.

This is the stuff of nightmares when you can't just use a "professional" app as God intended and have to be double-checking for tiny offsets that only become obvious after you're far along in a project. Hope it's fixed ...

have never had these issues (and live & die by option-dragging regions...)

Catch playhead shortcut still not working for me in the audio editor with the file & file tempo windows.Even though it's down as a fix in this update.

"The Catch Playhead key command again enables the function in the currently focused window rather than always enabling it in the Main window"

I'd really appreciate it if someone could take 2 mins to check this & let me know if it's just me still having this issue.

As far as that is related to the "split bug" (title on this forum: "Audio Regions moving when cutting [bUG]") then that is not fixed in 10.4.1 (just tested). As far as there would be an issue with drag repeating in itself (not related to an occasional wrong split by Logic), then I'm not aware of the issue.

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when pressing Command–Period (.)

Eternal bug: Logic doesn't have a freaking Cancel/Abort button and users need to guess that there's a shortcut to cancel. Pretty smart :P The "genius" at Apple never figured this out hahaha

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when pressing Command–Period (.)

Eternal bug: Logic doesn't have a freaking Cancel/Abort button and users need to guess that there's a shortcut to cancel. Pretty smart :P The "genius" at Apple never figured this out hahaha

Errr isn’t it stated in at least one (if not several) windows that open when you start a process like rendering?

Errr isn’t it stated in at least one (if not several) windows that open when you start a process like rendering?

Once you start exporting a song, individual tracks, etc, it just shows the progress bar.

I remember prior to the X version, I think it used to say something about it, but still, it makes sense that there's a Cancel/Abort button. Every program has that, even Finder when you're copying or moving files, has one. Don't know why Logic doesn't...

It's another one of those "brilliant" moves by the genius at Apple haha

i dunno; 'command-period' is not new, and, like any shortcut, once you learn it, you know it...

It's not new to us. It's new to someone who buys Logic now for the first time and as a company, Apple shouldn't assume that "they know".

There is (or there should be) a team of people who discusses what's obvious and what's not. A shortcut is not obvious, it's not intuitive. A Cancel button is something that's included everywhere, in almost every program. It's not that hard to include a button on a window. We are not talking about a piece of software made by high school kids who are still learning how to program ;)

And yes, I learned it as well, but I still find it annoying that there's no button.