Logic 10.4.1 Released

G.K.

i dunno; 'command-period' is not new, and, like any shortcut, once you learn it, you know it...

It's not new to us. It's new to someone who buys Logic now for the first time and as a company, Apple shouldn't assume that "they know".

There is (or there should be) a team of people who discusses what's obvious and what's not. A shortcut is not obvious, it's not intuitive. A Cancel button is something that's included everywhere, in almost every program. It's not that hard to include a button on a window. We are not talking about a piece of software made by high school kids who are still learning how to program ;)

And yes, I learned it as well, but I still find it annoying that there's no button.

am certainly not arguing that a cancel button would be a good thing; but it's like all key commands. for example (& i should be embarrassed to admit this), i didn't know about option-left or right arrow to nudge a region for a long time; i've been zooming then dragging for years. but now that i know that, i use it. seems easy enough to learn new commands, and then... apply them...

Well I’m that case, why do even have buttons at all? ;) let’s put shortcuts on everything lol

The shortcut you are saying, it’s something very specific and maybe not everyone uses it. Also, when you are exporting, that’s the only thing you are doing so it’s not about the workflow. It’s a command like any other that should be there. In this case it shouldn’t be considered a shortcut, that’s what I’m trying to say.

Also, for the nudge you still have a button so you can either use it or use the shortcut ;)

not having experienced any of those things, am relieved to know that now i won't ever experience those things.

Entertaining comments like the one above are a close 2nd in terms of reasons why I'm a regular visitor to this forum; right behind all the great info and advice that regularly appears.

• 1 year later...

Hey spoilsport, leave them be. I think they are discussing a bug fix that was announced in 10.4.1 and that lead to something being absent that is still absent (and indeed, I cannot stop a recording using cmd period - though I have never ever used that befopre - I just stop the recoding itself using the, how inventive! - 'stop' key (the numblock 0 in my case) - I don't think that is the wrong thread at all.

Or else, explain how this is the wrong thread, and what is the "correct" thread?