MIDI region changing length

3ple

I would be enclined to believe that is related to the MIDI region creation default minimum length (1 bar), which is counted from the newly added event.

More obviously, same occurs when hitting the record button, even when stopping the recording before reaching the 1 bar length, Logic creates a region ending to the next bar.

Some kind of space oddity...

I would be enclined to believe that is related to the MIDI region creation default minimum length (1 bar), which is counted from the newly added event.

More obviously, same occurs when hitting the record button, even when stopping the recording before reaching the 1 bar length, Logic creates a region ending to the next bar.

Some kind of space oddity...

Yes, Logic has that default when you create an empty region or when you're recording, but in this case I'm editing a region that has a specific length. It wouldn't make sense that the length would change and then overlap other regions after it. This is clearly a bug.

Look at this example where I have a region that's way shorter than a bar and nothing is changing. So this is clearly a bug. Just need to understand when and why that happens.

midi-region.gif.1901c18c9cfa921f650feeefd21fa67d.gif