A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

 
TimWellens
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 am

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:31 pm

Will try that tomorrow,thanks!
My bet is that the project is made in 10.6.1 (fairly big project with bus/sidechaining) and now it sounds different on 10.6.2 because differences in the way the PDC works between these versions.
When I open the project using Logic 10.6.1 it sounds right,but the same project sounds (especially the sidechained compressed bass) sloppy/late..
Anyway will try to reset SMC tomorrow,thnx
 
TimWellens
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 am

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:32 pm

The same project sounds sloppy/late in 10.6.2 I mean :)
 
User avatar
fisherking
Posts: 6289
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 5:51 am
Location: new york
Contact:

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:39 pm

TimWellens wrote:
The same project sounds sloppy/late in 10.6.2 I mean :)


ah, got it. problem i guess sometimes, where a bug fix could screw up the workaround one uses because of the bug itself. so, may be that my suggestions won't matter, and you'd need to look at how to 'adapt' to the fix. let us know what happens...
LP10.6.3 • os12b • 2019 3.2 i7 imac • one plugin short of perfection
http://upstatebrooklyn.com
 
User avatar
howardpain
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:59 am
Location: Norway

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes - DRUMMER problem

Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:14 pm

Hi, thanks for reply.

Tried increasing buffer size but still no solution. I had to reinstall (from timemachine) the 10.6.1 version so I could get the work done today. Opened projects in 10.6.1 and everything worked fine.
Think i'll just wait for 10.6.3 ;-)

amnestic wrote:
howardpain wrote:
Hi :)
After upgrading to 10.6.2 all my Drummer tracks is not working right. I open a song with 20-30 tracks, and everything sounds fine until I select a Drummer-track. Then all I hear from the Drummer-track is klicks and short clips of drum sounds.
Any suggestions on this?
I'm on Big Sur 11.2.1 Mac mini M1, 2020


Hi there, does it sound like the audio is breaking up/ skipping, and do you get any error messages?

Try increasing your buffer size and see if that helps.
Logic Pro X | Kontakt 6 | MacMini M1 2020
Korg Kronos | Korg MicroX | Korg Radias | Yamaha Montage 6 | Yamaha DX7 | Crumar Mojo 61
 
User avatar
triplets
Posts: 18661
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:21 pm
Location: North Hollywood
Contact:

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:46 pm

howardpain wrote:
I had to reinstall (from timemachine) the 10.6.1 version so I could get the work done today.


Next time an update comes out, right-click the Logic app and select Make Copy and you will have a renamed Logic Pro Copy app that won't get updated.
No need for Time Machine.
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro and X certified
ProTools 10 & 11 Certified Operator
2 x 3.06 Intel Six-Core 24 GB RAM, Logic 10.5.1, 10.14.6., UA Apollo
2012 i7 MBP 8 GB Logic 10.6.1, 10.15.7
Contact me for Logic help (Teamviewer, Zoom, Skype)
http://www.ultimatestudiosinc.com
 
User avatar
howardpain
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:59 am
Location: Norway

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:00 pm

Will do, thanks!
Logic Pro X | Kontakt 6 | MacMini M1 2020
Korg Kronos | Korg MicroX | Korg Radias | Yamaha Montage 6 | Yamaha DX7 | Crumar Mojo 61
 
User avatar
amnestic
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:08 pm

fisherking wrote:

there isn't enough difference between 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 to cause these sort-of issues. try a reboot; try resetting the nvram, or smc. and perhaps others have ideas about this.

i don't hear any difference (sound, timing) in any of the files i've opened since the new update; no one else has mentioned that either.


Like TimWellens, I'm seeing the same thing. I reset NVRAM and SMC, btw, and nothing changed.
It could very well be that these projects that used our sidechain workarounds in 10.6.1 are now messed up in 10.6.2 because things have been fixed.
However, I'm seeing other issues like intense CPU spikes on minimal projects, which I never had before.
I rolled back completely to 10.6.1 like howardpain, and things are flowing smoother than in 10.6.2.

I'll have to troubleshoot more in the future when I have more spare time.
15" MacBook Pro (2019 model), 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
500GB SSD, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 memory
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, Logic X 10.6.1
Arturia MiniLab mkII via USB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 audio interface via USB
 
User avatar
fisherking
Posts: 6289
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 5:51 am
Location: new york
Contact:

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:40 pm

amnestic wrote:
fisherking wrote:

there isn't enough difference between 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 to cause these sort-of issues. try a reboot; try resetting the nvram, or smc. and perhaps others have ideas about this.

i don't hear any difference (sound, timing) in any of the files i've opened since the new update; no one else has mentioned that either.


Like TimWellens, I'm seeing the same thing. I reset NVRAM and SMC, btw, and nothing changed.
It could very well be that these projects that used our sidechain workarounds in 10.6.1 are now messed up in 10.6.2 because things have been fixed.
However, I'm seeing other issues like intense CPU spikes on minimal projects, which I never had before.
I rolled back completely to 10.6.1 like howardpain, and things are flowing smoother than in 10.6.2.

I'll have to troubleshoot more in the future when I have more spare time.


might be worth looking for common denominators with timWellens, like the sidechain thing. here, am not experiencing any cpu spikes, or any unusual behaviors... yet. and worth keeping an eye on this forum (& the web in general); see if anyone else has issues (and hopefully, solutions).
LP10.6.3 • os12b • 2019 3.2 i7 imac • one plugin short of perfection
http://upstatebrooklyn.com
 
User avatar
amnestic
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:29 pm

fisherking wrote:

might be worth looking for common denominators with timWellens, like the sidechain thing. here, am not experiencing any cpu spikes, or any unusual behaviors... yet. and worth keeping an eye on this forum (& the web in general); see if anyone else has issues (and hopefully, solutions).


Yes, definitely, I'll keep an eye out. I'm sure we'll find some solutions.
Actually, there's already been a few Reddit posts touching on this today.

TimWellens, you should see if this fixes your issue:

This worked for me:
Go to Preferences > Audio > General - Plugin Latency
Under "Compensation" select: "Audio and Software Instrument Tracks"


Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Logic_Studio/c ... issue_fix/
15" MacBook Pro (2019 model), 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
500GB SSD, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 memory
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, Logic X 10.6.1
Arturia MiniLab mkII via USB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 audio interface via USB
 
User avatar
fisherking
Posts: 6289
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 5:51 am
Location: new york
Contact:

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:12 pm

amnestic wrote:
fisherking wrote:

might be worth looking for common denominators with timWellens, like the sidechain thing. here, am not experiencing any cpu spikes, or any unusual behaviors... yet. and worth keeping an eye on this forum (& the web in general); see if anyone else has issues (and hopefully, solutions).


Yes, definitely, I'll keep an eye out. I'm sure we'll find some solutions.
Actually, there's already been a few Reddit posts touching on this today.

TimWellens, you should see if this fixes your issue:

This worked for me:
Go to Preferences > Audio > General - Plugin Latency
Under "Compensation" select: "Audio and Software Instrument Tracks"


Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Logic_Studio/c ... issue_fix/


good find! wonder why this is happening for some, but nice that there's a fix.
LP10.6.3 • os12b • 2019 3.2 i7 imac • one plugin short of perfection
http://upstatebrooklyn.com
 
User avatar
Mania
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:15 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:28 pm

triplets wrote:
howardpain wrote:
I had to reinstall (from timemachine) the 10.6.1 version so I could get the work done today.


Next time an update comes out, right-click the Logic app and select Make Copy and you will have a renamed Logic Pro Copy app that won't get updated.
No need for Time Machine.


I just did this and something got messed up in Big Sur 10.3 on an M1 MacBook Air. I recommend after making a copy, move the copy from the Applications folder to somewhere else. After the update, I actually had two copies of 10.6.1 of logic. Interestingly the only way to open up logic 10.6.2 was to go to at the App Store and search for logic and press open. somebody else had the same issue here. I reported this to Apple. I solved my situation by deleting and re-downloading logic.
Jim

MacBook Air M1 16 GB RAM. latest Logic and macOS version.
Focusrite 2i2.

Recorded/mastered in Logic with only Logic native plugs: https://youtu.be/s6UOXRPEoB4
 
User avatar
triplets
Posts: 18661
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:21 pm
Location: North Hollywood
Contact:

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:30 pm

Must be a Big Sur thing then. No issues with Mojave and Catalina.
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro and X certified
ProTools 10 & 11 Certified Operator
2 x 3.06 Intel Six-Core 24 GB RAM, Logic 10.5.1, 10.14.6., UA Apollo
2012 i7 MBP 8 GB Logic 10.6.1, 10.15.7
Contact me for Logic help (Teamviewer, Zoom, Skype)
http://www.ultimatestudiosinc.com
 
User avatar
Mania
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:15 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:33 pm

triplets wrote:
Must be a Big Sur thing then. No issues with Mojave and Catalina.


Must be. Or the combination of Big Sur/M1
Jim

MacBook Air M1 16 GB RAM. latest Logic and macOS version.
Focusrite 2i2.

Recorded/mastered in Logic with only Logic native plugs: https://youtu.be/s6UOXRPEoB4
 
steveLpx1
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:42 pm

...@Mania...sounds very much like my situation. Look inside the containers for each of the 1061's and I bet one of them is actually going to be 1062. The fact you can start the 1062 from the app.store means the update was done on you disk, but the followup/cleanup got botched. Look at my prior post...hth.../s~
mbp13/e2011 | 2.7ghz.i7 | 16gig.ram | 512g/1tb ssds | osx 10.14.6
mbp16/e2020 | 2.3ghz i9 | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | osx 11.4
logic10.5.1/10.6.2 | reaper6.32/64 | focusrite.2i2 | parallels/win7/win10
 
User avatar
amnestic
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:47 pm

fisherking wrote:

good find! wonder why this is happening for some, but nice that there's a fix.


Yes indeed!

More discussion on (and possible solutions) for issues introduced with the 10.6.2 update: https://www.reddit.com/r/Logic_Studio/c ... pensation/
15" MacBook Pro (2019 model), 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
500GB SSD, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 memory
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, Logic X 10.6.1
Arturia MiniLab mkII via USB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 audio interface via USB
 
User avatar
fisherking
Posts: 6289
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 5:51 am
Location: new york
Contact:

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:49 pm

fwiw (and for what i do) it's all good; worked all day (on 2 different projects), and no hiccups... as it was here in 10.6.1...
LP10.6.3 • os12b • 2019 3.2 i7 imac • one plugin short of perfection
http://upstatebrooklyn.com
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author
Posts: 85162
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:10 am

amnestic wrote:
Dewdman42 wrote:
I just did a quick test. Still have a problem with side chain PDC:


Yup. It seems like the PDC was not entirely fixed. The bus sidechain latency is still a thing.
Someone posted this video on Reddit:


Apparently in that video, the user is using MSSpectral Dynamics. That is a mastering plug-in, which isn't really meant to be used for individual channel strip processing, and it creates over 8000 ms of latency, which will seriously push the limits of the PDC a DAW can handle. No DAW out there is without limits to what their PDC algorithms can handle.
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
AMD
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:36 am
Location: London, England

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 am

amnestic wrote:
fisherking wrote:

there isn't enough difference between 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 to cause these sort-of issues. try a reboot; try resetting the nvram, or smc. and perhaps others have ideas about this.

i don't hear any difference (sound, timing) in any of the files i've opened since the new update; no one else has mentioned that either.


Like TimWellens, I'm seeing the same thing. I reset NVRAM and SMC, btw, and nothing changed.
It could very well be that these projects that used our sidechain workarounds in 10.6.1 are now messed up in 10.6.2 because things have been fixed.
However, I'm seeing other issues like intense CPU spikes on minimal projects, which I never had before.
I rolled back completely to 10.6.1 like howardpain, and things are flowing smoother than in 10.6.2.

I'll have to troubleshoot more in the future when I have more spare time.


Of all the problems I've had with mac's over the years, never once did resetting the NVRAM and/or SMC ever solve a thing :)
MBP 2018, 2.2Ghz 6 Core Intel i7, 16GB RAM, Logic X 10.6.2, OSX 10.15.7, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Komplete 10 Ultimate, Komplete Kontrol S61.
 
User avatar
fisherking
Posts: 6289
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 5:51 am
Location: new york
Contact:

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:21 am

AMD wrote:
amnestic wrote:

Like TimWellens, I'm seeing the same thing. I reset NVRAM and SMC, btw, and nothing changed.
It could very well be that these projects that used our sidechain workarounds in 10.6.1 are now messed up in 10.6.2 because things have been fixed.
However, I'm seeing other issues like intense CPU spikes on minimal projects, which I never had before.
I rolled back completely to 10.6.1 like howardpain, and things are flowing smoother than in 10.6.2.

I'll have to troubleshoot more in the future when I have more spare time.


Of all the problems I've had with mac's over the years, never once did resetting the NVRAM and/or SMC ever solve a thing :)


and yet it's helped lots of people on this forum, & on the macrumors forum (the 2 forums i hang out on).

your singular experience doesnt' invalidate everyone else's. and you can google these things, to find out more about what they do... and why they often help.
LP10.6.3 • os12b • 2019 3.2 i7 imac • one plugin short of perfection
http://upstatebrooklyn.com
 
Itzak Girlieman
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:17 am

Re: Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:22 am

Is the scroll direction reversed in this version for you? Like when you wanna change pan with the mouse scroll wheel? It is for me....