A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

 
ValliSoftware
Topic Author
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:38 pm

I create a new drum map template that defaults to Logic's GM mapping, which is what Logic Drummer uses.
The name of the script is RedirectLogicDrummerToAny and looks like the following:
RedirectLogicDrummerToAny.png
RedirectLogicDrummerToAny.png (83.31 KiB) Viewed 15859 times


To use this script, load your 3rd party drum kit and make an alias from Logic Drummer to the 3rd party drum track.
Load this script on the 3rd party drum track, NOT on the Logic Drummer track.

To drive other 3rd party drummers, just map the Logic Drummer drum piece to the 3rd party drum piece.

As an example, I used RedirectLogicDrummerToAny as a template and created the following Drum Maps
RedirectLogicDrummerToAD2 - for Addictive Drums 2
RedirectLogicDrummerToEZD2 - for EZ Drummer 2
RedirectLogicDrummerToSD3 - for Superior Drummer 3
Attachments
LogicDrummerDrumMaps.zip
(7.19 KiB) Downloaded 1048 times
MacBook Pro 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6GB Ram - Logic Pro X (10.2)
MacMini 10.13.6 2GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram - GarageBand 10.4.5 Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
iPad Mini iOS 12 - iOS GarageBand 2.0.1
Qosimo X70-A 10.13.6 Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor 32GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 2-500GB 7200rpm hard drives - Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
MacMini M1 11.3.1 Apple M1 16GB Ram 1TB SSD Logic Pro X (10.6.1) Rosetta 2 not installed
 
User avatar
Atlas007
Posts: 9534
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:54 pm

Thanx for sharing!
LogicPro 10.6.2, MainStage3.5.2
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.15.7
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc...
PC, iPad3(V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear
 
ValliSoftware
Topic Author
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:17 pm

So the Logic Drummer Electronic kits are implemented as a Track Stack.
So you can still use the RedirectLogicDrummerToEZD2 script. This video shows out you can use the script to have Logic Drummer give you ideas playing your favorite 3rd party drum instrument. In this case, EZD2 Hip-Hop!.

MacBook Pro 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6GB Ram - Logic Pro X (10.2)
MacMini 10.13.6 2GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram - GarageBand 10.4.5 Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
iPad Mini iOS 12 - iOS GarageBand 2.0.1
Qosimo X70-A 10.13.6 Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor 32GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 2-500GB 7200rpm hard drives - Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
MacMini M1 11.3.1 Apple M1 16GB Ram 1TB SSD Logic Pro X (10.6.1) Rosetta 2 not installed
 
Rolomoto
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:01 pm

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:16 am

Thanks!
Logic 10.5.1
OS 10.14.6
Mac mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16GB RAM
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
 
Artsmads
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi, is there an easy way to edit the script for this type of drum map with copy paste? I like to use the Scripter with Drum Machine Designer. There's a remapper preset for Drum Machine Designer but all of the kits are slightly different. Some of them have two kicks, three snares etc. It be nice to adjust the map based on the kit.
Unless there are presets online that I'm missing. This is the best source I've been able to find. Thanks for the drummer presets!
 
shaunjohannes
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:49 am

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:42 am

Hey:-)

Sorry for the noob question but how do I install the script for it to work in Logic?

Thanks for this BTW...it solves a huge problem for a friend of mine!!!

PEace
 
ValliSoftware
Topic Author
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:05 pm

shaunjohannes wrote:
Hey:-)

Sorry for the noob question but how do I install the script for it to work in Logic?

Thanks for this BTW...it solves a huge problem for a friend of mine!!!

PEace


Here's a simple video that shows now to use this script to have Logic Drummer play UltraBeat.
In this setup, you can apply it to other 3rd party drum instruments as well.

MacBook Pro 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6GB Ram - Logic Pro X (10.2)
MacMini 10.13.6 2GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram - GarageBand 10.4.5 Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
iPad Mini iOS 12 - iOS GarageBand 2.0.1
Qosimo X70-A 10.13.6 Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor 32GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 2-500GB 7200rpm hard drives - Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
MacMini M1 11.3.1 Apple M1 16GB Ram 1TB SSD Logic Pro X (10.6.1) Rosetta 2 not installed
 
chris4stix
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:03 pm

I"d like to resurrect this thread and also ask ValliSoftware how to install the RedirectLogicDrummerToAny script in Logic Pro x. How do you get it into Logic and into the insert effects area? Can you explain how this is done?
I made a midi track from a drummer track and want to use the midi track to trigger Addictive Drums 2. I don't see any way to do this, and I've searched everywhere! I've set AD 2 to GM and that doesn't work. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
 
ValliSoftware
Topic Author
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:16 am

chris4stix wrote:
I"d like to resurrect this thread and also ask ValliSoftware how to install the RedirectLogicDrummerToAny script in Logic Pro x. How do you get it into Logic and into the insert effects area? Can you explain how this is done?
I made a midi track from a drummer track and want to use the midi track to trigger Addictive Drums 2. I don't see any way to do this, and I've searched everywhere! I've set AD 2 to GM and that doesn't work. Any help appreciated. Thanks!


When you say you created a MIDI file from Logic Drummer, you dragged to yellow Drummer region to an empty instrument track to get a green MIDI region, correct?
Can you zip and post that MIDI file.

To Install the scripts....
Unzip the above file and put the whole LogicDrummerDrumMaps folder into this folder
Music/Audio Music Apps/Plug-In Settings/Scripter

On your MIDI track, load the Scripter MIDI-FX plug in and you should see the LogicDrummerDrumMaps folder and when select it you'll see the actual scripts to choose from.
MacBook Pro 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6GB Ram - Logic Pro X (10.2)
MacMini 10.13.6 2GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram - GarageBand 10.4.5 Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
iPad Mini iOS 12 - iOS GarageBand 2.0.1
Qosimo X70-A 10.13.6 Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor 32GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 2-500GB 7200rpm hard drives - Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
MacMini M1 11.3.1 Apple M1 16GB Ram 1TB SSD Logic Pro X (10.6.1) Rosetta 2 not installed
 
chris4stix
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:40 pm

Hi ValliSoftware. Yes I dragged the yellow Drummer region to an empty instrument track to get a green MIDI region. I know I can move midi notes around in the piano roll to get what I want from AD2, but in reality I need a E Drum set to really take advantage of playing AD 2. I did fool around with a keyboard last night and I can just play the parts in that way too. I don't think using midi tracks from drummer is going to take advantage of AD 2's full potential without a lot of work. I may try your script and see what happens. Many thanks ValliSoftware, much appreciated!
 
User avatar
anp27
Posts: 1728
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:07 pm

ValliSoftware wrote:
I create a new drum map template that defaults to Logic's GM mapping, which is what Logic Drummer uses.

Hi Vallis, thanks so much for this. I would like to create a map for NI Studio Drummer using your "To Any" map but I don't know where to begin, any tips?
Mac mini (late 2012 Server) 2.3 Ghz i7, 16GB RAM Macbook Pro 15" (early 2011) 2.3 Ghz i7~2TB Samsung 860 QVO~16GB Ram~macOS Catalina 10.15.7~Logic Pro 10.6.1~Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt MKII~KORG microKEY2 61
 
ValliSoftware
Topic Author
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:51 am

anp27 wrote:
ValliSoftware wrote:
I create a new drum map template that defaults to Logic's GM mapping, which is what Logic Drummer uses.

Hi Vallis, thanks so much for this. I would like to create a map for NI Studio Drummer using your "To Any" map but I don't know where to begin, any tips?

So there's no Maracas in Studio Drummer, so I mapped that to the cowbell. We always need more cowbell. :mrgreen:
In order to hear the cowbell, you need to change the MIDI Channel on the track that NI Studio Drummer is on from "All" to "1".
That's if you specify Maracas in Logic Drummer.

LogicDrummerMapping.png
LogicDrummerMapping.png (127.38 KiB) Viewed 5202 times


I've attached a new script for NI Studio Drummer.
If any of the mappings are wrong, update and repost so others can get that update too.
Attachments
RedirectLogicDrummerToNIStudioDrummer.pst.zip
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
MacBook Pro 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6GB Ram - Logic Pro X (10.2)
MacMini 10.13.6 2GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram - GarageBand 10.4.5 Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
iPad Mini iOS 12 - iOS GarageBand 2.0.1
Qosimo X70-A 10.13.6 Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor 32GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 2-500GB 7200rpm hard drives - Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
MacMini M1 11.3.1 Apple M1 16GB Ram 1TB SSD Logic Pro X (10.6.1) Rosetta 2 not installed
 
User avatar
anp27
Posts: 1728
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:11 am

ValliSoftware wrote:
I've attached a new script for NI Studio Drummer. If any of the mappings are wrong, update and repost so others can get that update too.


Wow thanks for the speedy reply! Just tested it, everything is working perfectly including the tambourine, cowbell, etc... YOU ROCK!!!!!!! Many thanks :)

EDIT: Just tested with some NI Abbey Road Drummers I own, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s Drummer, they're all working perfectly as well!
Mac mini (late 2012 Server) 2.3 Ghz i7, 16GB RAM Macbook Pro 15" (early 2011) 2.3 Ghz i7~2TB Samsung 860 QVO~16GB Ram~macOS Catalina 10.15.7~Logic Pro 10.6.1~Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt MKII~KORG microKEY2 61
 
ValliSoftware
Topic Author
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:23 am

anp27 wrote:
ValliSoftware wrote:
I've attached a new script for NI Studio Drummer. If any of the mappings are wrong, update and repost so others can get that update too.


Wow thanks for the speedy reply! Just tested it, everything is working perfectly including the tambourine, cowbell, etc... YOU ROCK!!!!!!! Many thanks :)

EDIT: Just tested with some NI Abbey Road Drummers I own, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s Drummer, they're all working perfectly as well!


Cool.
I already had a script created for Abbey Roads and I figured the mapping for the kit pieces would be the same for all NI drums, but that's why I was able to get this quick for. you.
MacBook Pro 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6GB Ram - Logic Pro X (10.2)
MacMini 10.13.6 2GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram - GarageBand 10.4.5 Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
iPad Mini iOS 12 - iOS GarageBand 2.0.1
Qosimo X70-A 10.13.6 Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor 32GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 2-500GB 7200rpm hard drives - Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
MacMini M1 11.3.1 Apple M1 16GB Ram 1TB SSD Logic Pro X (10.6.1) Rosetta 2 not installed
 
ValliSoftware
Topic Author
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:37 am

anp27 wrote:
ValliSoftware wrote:
I've attached a new script for NI Studio Drummer. If any of the mappings are wrong, update and repost so others can get that update too.


Wow thanks for the speedy reply! Just tested it, everything is working perfectly including the tambourine, cowbell, etc... YOU ROCK!!!!!!! Many thanks :)

EDIT: Just tested with some NI Abbey Road Drummers I own, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s Drummer, they're all working perfectly as well!

Here's another script you might be interested in.
Sometimes the velocity for a certain kit piece can be louder that what I want, so for individual kit pieces, I can overwrite what Logic Drummer sent to what I want instead.
So if the kick is too loud, in this example pic, I set the velocity to 40 and what I do is pick a random value between 35-45 and play that instead, otherwise, I leave the Velocity "As Is".
ChangeVelocity.png
ChangeVelocity.png (81.12 KiB) Viewed 5179 times

Place this script above the mapping script on your NI Sudio Drummer.
Attachments
VelocityLogicDrummer.pst.zip
(1.69 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
MacBook Pro 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6GB Ram - Logic Pro X (10.2)
MacMini 10.13.6 2GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram - GarageBand 10.4.5 Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
iPad Mini iOS 12 - iOS GarageBand 2.0.1
Qosimo X70-A 10.13.6 Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor 32GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 2-500GB 7200rpm hard drives - Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
MacMini M1 11.3.1 Apple M1 16GB Ram 1TB SSD Logic Pro X (10.6.1) Rosetta 2 not installed
 
User avatar
anp27
Posts: 1728
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:53 am

ValliSoftware wrote:
Here's another script you might be interested in.


Once again, THANK YOU :) This script is super useful and is working very well!
Mac mini (late 2012 Server) 2.3 Ghz i7, 16GB RAM Macbook Pro 15" (early 2011) 2.3 Ghz i7~2TB Samsung 860 QVO~16GB Ram~macOS Catalina 10.15.7~Logic Pro 10.6.1~Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt MKII~KORG microKEY2 61
 
User avatar
anp27
Posts: 1728
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:37 am

ValliSoftware wrote:
Place this script above the mapping script on your NI Sudio Drummer.


Hey Vallis, I'd like to create an Addictive Drums 2 map so that I can preview my external MIDI drum files (Studio Drummer, etc) directly within the AD2 Beats page so that they play back with the correct mapping. Would you happen to know how I can go about doing this?
Mac mini (late 2012 Server) 2.3 Ghz i7, 16GB RAM Macbook Pro 15" (early 2011) 2.3 Ghz i7~2TB Samsung 860 QVO~16GB Ram~macOS Catalina 10.15.7~Logic Pro 10.6.1~Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt MKII~KORG microKEY2 61
 
ValliSoftware
Topic Author
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:03 am

anp27 wrote:
ValliSoftware wrote:
Place this script above the mapping script on your NI Sudio Drummer.


Hey Vallis, I'd like to create an Addictive Drums 2 map so that I can preview my external MIDI drum files (Studio Drummer, etc) directly within the AD2 Beats page so that they play back with the correct mapping. Would you happen to know how I can go about doing this?

Are you asking how to preview Studio Drummer Grooves with Addictive Drums 2. Sorry, I just wanted to double check.
StudioDrummer Grooves.png
StudioDrummer Grooves.png (510.24 KiB) Viewed 4778 times
MacBook Pro 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6GB Ram - Logic Pro X (10.2)
MacMini 10.13.6 2GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram - GarageBand 10.4.5 Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
iPad Mini iOS 12 - iOS GarageBand 2.0.1
Qosimo X70-A 10.13.6 Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor 32GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 2-500GB 7200rpm hard drives - Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
MacMini M1 11.3.1 Apple M1 16GB Ram 1TB SSD Logic Pro X (10.6.1) Rosetta 2 not installed
 
User avatar
anp27
Posts: 1728
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:03 pm

ValliSoftware wrote:
anp27 wrote:

Hey Vallis, I'd like to create an Addictive Drums 2 map so that I can preview my external MIDI drum files (Studio Drummer, etc) directly within the AD2 Beats page so that they play back with the correct mapping. Would you happen to know how I can go about doing this?

Are you asking how to preview Studio Drummer Grooves with Addictive Drums 2. Sorry, I just wanted to double check.
StudioDrummer Grooves.png


Yeah so I’ve actually extracted the raw Studio Drummer files and imported them into Addictive Drums 2’s UI. I can play them in the AD2 Beats page but the problem is the mapping is incorrect.
Mac mini (late 2012 Server) 2.3 Ghz i7, 16GB RAM Macbook Pro 15" (early 2011) 2.3 Ghz i7~2TB Samsung 860 QVO~16GB Ram~macOS Catalina 10.15.7~Logic Pro 10.6.1~Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt MKII~KORG microKEY2 61
 
ValliSoftware
Topic Author
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:28 am

anp27 wrote:
Yeah so I’ve actually extracted the raw Studio Drummer files and imported them into Addictive Drums 2’s UI. I can play them in the AD2 Beats page but the problem is the mapping is incorrect.

Before importing, you'd need to edit the GM.AD2Map file in the External MIDI Folder.

This is the contents of the Place MIDI files here.txt
Place external MIDI files in this folder and then choose “Refresh MIDI Library” in the Help Button [?] menu. Contact support if you need any further assistance.

-- PowerMap feature --
If importing midi files with for example GM mapping that needs to be remapped, create a folder named GM and in that folder put your map file named GM.AD2Map. Then all midi files in that folder and subfolders will be remapped using GM.AD2Map.
This works for any mapping, just follow the steps above but use your map of choice as name.


In Addictive Drums open the External MIDI folder
OpenExternalMIDIFolder.png
OpenExternalMIDIFolder.png (151.57 KiB) Viewed 4699 times

ExternalMIDIFolder.png
ExternalMIDIFolder.png (85.65 KiB) Viewed 4699 times

You'll see the above readme file but go into the GM folder, that's the GM.AD2Map file that you'll need to modify to support NI Studio Drum midi files.

Open the Addictive Drums 2 Keymap PDF file to know which mapping numbers you'll need to modify.
AddictiveDrums2Keymap.png
AddictiveDrums2Keymap.png (152.43 KiB) Viewed 4699 times


Make sure to look into the Native Instruments Documentation folders for each kit (in this example I show Studio Drummer), there you'll see the mapping PDF files for each kit.
NIStudioDrummerMaps.png
NIStudioDrummerMaps.png (136.8 KiB) Viewed 4699 times
MacBook Pro 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6GB Ram - Logic Pro X (10.2)
MacMini 10.13.6 2GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram - GarageBand 10.4.5 Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
iPad Mini iOS 12 - iOS GarageBand 2.0.1
Qosimo X70-A 10.13.6 Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor 32GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 2-500GB 7200rpm hard drives - Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
MacMini M1 11.3.1 Apple M1 16GB Ram 1TB SSD Logic Pro X (10.6.1) Rosetta 2 not installed