Logic Pro X 10.1.1 is out.

Ashermusic

Logic Pro X 10.1.1 update http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS4498

Stability and performance

Logic no longer sometimes stops responding when you open it with Euphonix control surfaces installed

Resolves an issue that could cause the Download Manager to appear empty

Logic no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when you use Izotope RX4 as external audio editor

Main window

Disabling Automation view in the Main window no longer causes region-based automation that has been switched off to playback unexpectedly

Click-holding a region now immediately brings up the Region Info window

It is again possible to split a take region with the Scissors tool

Editing automation during playback now works properly in projects that start before 1 1 1 1

Writing automation for send mutes now works as expected

The cursor keys on control surfaces no longer sometimes trigger unexpected key commands

Region based automation for all Smart Control parameters now displays reliably

Logic now displays the tempo correctly when the Display Tempo As preference is set to "Frames Per Click with Decimals," or "Frames Per Click with Eighths," and the frame rate is 50, 59.94, or 60 fps

Audio tracks edited with Melodyne in songs that originated in Logic Pro 9 now play back in sync

Logic Screensets that include only plug-in windows work as expected again

MIDI regions recorded in Cycle mode no longer sometimes have a measure before the start position of the recording when the first note is performed within the Cycle Pre-processing time before the downbeat

The "Beats from Region" function works as expected again

Logic no longer outputs an audio pop when switching between certain patches

Editors

Deleting fader events for region based automation in the Event List editor now properly removes the interpolation events between them

Clicking the plus button in the Sysex Fader editor again adds events as expected

All audio take regions now reliably display in the Track Editor

The Brush Tool no longer gets stuck in fixed pitch mode when selected after using the Pencil Tool

While using the Brush tool, pressing Shift while pressing the mouse button no longer erases the recently brushed notes

There is now an option "Snap MIDI Draw and Automation” in the Piano Roll Snap menu

Auto Set Locators no longer improperly follows note selections inside of regions

The Toggle Loop trigger setting in Touch Tracks again works as expected

The Piano Roll now reliably opens with the visible area showing the notes contained in the selected region

Undo now reliably works after moving events in the Piano Roll

Looping regions with Show Drum Names enabled in the Piano Roll no longer causes notes to transpose unexpectedly

Muted notes in the Piano Roll no longer play when clicked

Scale Quantize no longer sometimes moves notes that are already in the selected key

Touching the Ruler in the Piano Roll with a rubber band selection no longer causes visible Time Frame handles to move to the wrong position

MIDI events clicked in the Piano Roll now output on their set MIDI channel as expected

The “Delete and Select Next Event” key command now works properly in the Piano Roll

Using the right/left arrow keys now reliably triggers notes in the Piano Roll when a different track is selected in the Main window

On/Off buttons in the Environment again operate correctly with a short mouse click

Environment cabling is now reliably maintained when importing Environment layers not a project

The Note Head menu in the Environment Mapped Instrument editor is no longer empty

MIDI Draw automation points now follow the mouse as expected when editing in an independent Piano Roll window

Mixer

Pre-fader sends are no longer affected by VCA fader changes

Replacing Drum Kit Designer with Drum Machine Designer on a Drummer track channel strip no longer converts the track to a Software Instrument track

Audio Device controls no longer sometimes display non-functional buttons for the attached audio interface

Undoing the deletion of a channel strip in the Mixer no longer leaves the channel strip in a non-functional state

Plug-ins

Changing the Knee value in the Platinum Compressor no longer causes unexpected changes in sound and metering when switching to the Classic VCA Compressor model

Multimeter plug-in instances saved in previous versions of Logic now load with the correct settings

Logic Remote and Controls view in Logic Pro no longer show the RMS/Peak controls for the Compressor models that do not support RMS/Peak

Songs using Lexicon PCM Native bundle plug-ins no longer exhibit audio artifacts when played back

Accessibility

VoiceOver can once again access audio channels as well as the track header volume and pan controls

Control Surfaces

Channel names now update correctly on control surfaces when opening or clos track stacks in Logic

Logic Remote again reliably connects to Logic Pro X at launch when you set the Startup Action to “Ask" in Logic Pro

EuCon Artist control surfaces can again control a channel’s send level in Logic

STILL no preview?

This is an OS X issue not a Logic issue.

you're sure? because it worked in the past, and all other apps that should show previews do. i know there was a garageband plugin, seems there should be a logic one as well (anyway, just my thoughts).

either way, logic X is stable, fast. lovely. so am (mostly) happy...

Set Optimal Region Sizes Rounded by Bar and by Note Value were not fixed. Both still optimize only the end of the region, not the beginning. This bug is over a year and a half old.

Yep, completely does my head in. Requires an additional edit! Grrr However, I have noticed, that it's not throwing up random 'pre' region bits as much.

Edited by mattrixx

Does anyone know if i can copy LPX Updates between my different computers? If i download 10.1.1 to one of my Macs, do i need to download via the App Store on my other 2 as well, or having gone through the download process and burned through my data on one of them, can i just copy it to the others? It is a 1GB ish download. Or will that screw up things with Software Update on my other Macs? Obviously i can just try it, but i'm hoping someone might know the answer to this before i go creating grief for myself

Thanks mattrixx. It's a small thing and a big thing at the same time. They are robbing me of the joy of selecting a screenful of regions and watching them pop into shape.

Of greater consequence, Score display is less informative without this feature. Is that bar truly empty, or is that an inserted rest, or is some overlooked CC forcing a display? Nope -- that's a KC that is still broken in Main.