possible to 'scale-up' midi-note velocities in real-time?

knolan

Hi -

Is it possible to 'scale-up' midi keyboard note velocity values in real-time with logic? I want this to happen both when 'record enabling' midi tracks, ie when simply playing remote synths from a controller while rehearsing/jamming, and also when recording into the midi sequencer.

The reason is that my Yamaha synthesizer(controller) has a maximum midi velocity is 100, so I want to either have logic add 27 to ever midi note velocity, or multiply each by 1.27, before the note information plays the remote module (and/or is recorded by the sequencer).

Thanks,

Kevin.

i salute you eggman.... :?

It's COMMAND-8

you can also open the midi matrix command with command-6 (or under the windows menu (Where you also find the transformer)) and use the velocity tool to increase the overall level.

However: in transformer, choose the preset called Velocity Sizer and click-drag the 1.000

knolan,

There are some other scaling options you could try as well as just multiplying by 1.27 (which will affect the sensitivity in the middle to upper velocity values). You can try the Exponent function, or, if you really want to get nuts, you can create your own velocity map (Map function) where you'd specify the exact velocities you wanted for each velocity value.

Another thing you can do which is very quick and doesn't involve transformers, and that is to use the realtime velocity parameter to add a +value to your incoming velocity. This is set in the arrange page "thru" value for velocity.