autofilter problem

matthill251

i have the always rising preset with some tweaking on a snare roll. when i have the track selected it plays back as it should. when the track is not selected it plays back extremely quiet and muffled, as if de-selecting the track turns the cutoff down on the filter and turns the volume down. there are no midi controllers plugged in, or audio interfaces. it is a brand new macbook pro, 2.8ghz quad core, 16 gb memory, 1 tb of storage. everything is current. logic 10.1. logic is notorious for presenting problems that require workarounds but this one is obviously one that presents a lot of trouble when trying to write songs. i've also had issues with an 8 bar loop stopping and crashing at the exact same spot and saying it's because i'm using the plugin serum. none of this happened before updating to 10.1 on the new computer.

• 4 weeks later...
i have the always rising preset with some tweaking on a snare roll. when i have the track selected it plays back as it should. when the track is not selected it plays back extremely quiet and muffled, as if de-selecting the track turns the cutoff down on the filter and turns the volume down. there are no midi controllers plugged in, or audio interfaces. it is a brand new macbook pro, 2.8ghz quad core, 16 gb memory, 1 tb of storage. everything is current. logic 10.1.

Can you creat a cut-down project that demonstrates the issue and upload it?

logic is notorious for presenting problems that require workarounds but this one is obviously one that presents a lot of trouble when trying to write songs.

Heh. In my day you just wrote songs with a piano/guitar and pencil and paper.. ;)

i've also had issues with an 8 bar loop stopping and crashing at the exact same spot and saying it's because i'm using the plugin serum. none of this happened before updating to 10.1 on the new computer.

Serum can be crashy - this is mostly a Serum problem than a Logic one, if it's the Serum thread that's crashing. It's still early days for that plug, I've had issues with it when selecting particular preset takes it down almost immediately.

i have the always rising preset with some tweaking on a snare roll. when i have the track selected it plays back as it should. when the track is not selected it plays back extremely quiet and muffled, as if de-selecting the track turns the cutoff down on the filter and turns the volume down. there are no midi controllers plugged in, or audio interfaces. ...

Where are you monitoring from?

Perhaps the following Device's preference is involved:

• “Input monitoring level for record-enabled channel strips” checkbox: Allows the use of an independent monitoring level for record-enabled audio channel strips. This is off by default. After record-enabling a track, you can adjust the fader to the level you like. The original level will be restored when you deselect the Record Enable button.