Score Style Naming Bug in Logic 10.1

Plowman

It's a shame there's not better money in the documentation of Logic 10.1 bugs....

Duplicate a score style. Rename it by inserting a "2" after its initial name, and then, with the delete key, try to take our the characters of the word "copied."

Poof. Your new score style is immediate deleted. Logic 10.1 cannot tell the difference between deleting an unused score style and deleting a letter in an open text box.

814639935_ScoreStyleNamingBug.gif.7b3b75f5a6a20d3751181b7239023797.gif

The work-around: rename it without deleting any characters, then cursor to the very end of the text string and backspace delete.

"...and then, with the delete key, try to take our the characters of the word 'copied.' You're just inserting the 2 and backspacing. After you put in 2, hit delete (not backspace delete) as a user would normally do to clean up the new title, getting rid of "copied."

Thanks for looking into it. Tell me if you can duplicate.

^D^F&* idiot I am, :roll:

I am using a wireless keyboard ( delete key is the backspace) the delete key you were referring to is the command + Delete on non extended keyboards.

I tested it and yes you are correct it does not work as expected and does delete the staff style instead of deleting from the cursor to the beginning of the line.

Thanks for the clarification

Should be moved to the bug list.