pops crackles

iainedward

Hello,

getting pops and crackles on playback and on finished bounce ( real time ) for example,, only recorded one acoustic guitar with no plugins ... changed buffer setting.. still the same. the crackles are not recorded on the audio track itself as they are random ( sometimes ) on playback..

. My thought is it could be a sync thing .. Am using a motu 896 and an 828 as an aggregate device... to give me 16 tracks through analogue desk for multitrack recording / / hands on mixing..

any ides?

Iain

Logic version and sub-version ….logic pro x

• OS X version and sub-version ... OS 10.10.03

• Computer ….macbook pro retina late 2013

• Processor…. 2.8 ghz intel core 17

• Memory…..16 gb ram

• Audio interface manufacturer and mode….lmotu 896 linked to motu 828

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model .. m. audio

just tied that and no ,, clean as a whistle.. so the original audio is clean .. only crackles when playing back the audio with the 896 and 828. linked .. it seems.. it is not the analogue hardware as when I loop a part it is in the same place for a while then when I stop and start , sometimes it is gone... so quite random..

just tied that and no ,, clean as a whistle.. so the original audio is clean .. only crackles when playing back the audio with the 896 and 828. linked .. it seems.. it is not the analogue hardware as when I loop a part it is in the same place for a while then when I stop and start , sometimes it is gone... so quite random.

also don't think it is a power thing as the only thing changed since my upgrade is the computer and the version of logic..