recording audio and MIDI at the same time

christig

Hi. I am running Logic 7.2 on a G5 quad. I am attempting to record a MIDI instrument (BFD drums triggered by a Roland TD10 kit) and an audio instrument (electric bass) at the same time. I arm both tracks but the audio never records. (red rec light flashes). Levels are fine etc.

What am I missing?

Thanks-Christi

Hi. I am running Logic 7.2 on a G5 quad. I am attempting to record a MIDI instrument (BFD drums triggered by a Roland TD10 kit) and an audio instrument (electric bass) at the same time. I arm both tracks but the audio never records. (red rec light flashes). Levels are fine etc.

What am I missing?

Thanks-Christi

Try holding the shift key and select the armed tracks.

This is one of my real complaints about the logic interface. I work regularly with multiple musicians, recording audio tracks and some midi tracks. It would be so much simpler, safer, better if the record button on the individual tracks functioned like a,,,,,, record button. the idea that selecting a track can kick another track out of record or into record is something that may be fine if you are just recording your self but for tracking a section it really gets tricky. Also It would be great to be able to label tracks and adjust levels, pans busses, eq, and so forth from the arrange window while recording other tracks.

This is one of my real complaints about the logic interface. I work regularly with multiple musicians, recording audio tracks and some midi tracks. It would be so much simpler, safer, better if the record button on the individual tracks functioned like a,,,,,, record button. the idea that selecting a track can kick another track out of record or into record is something that may be fine if you are just recording your self but for tracking a section it really gets tricky. Also It would be great to be able to label tracks and adjust levels, pans busses, eq, and so forth from the arrange window while recording other tracks.

I agree!