Use your apple remote to control Logic

yofi

Your probably all doing this but, Just for those that havn't thought about it.

You can use third party programs like Griffins proxy - Free

or

Mira - not free but easier to use

to configure your front row remote to control logic from up to 30 foot away - Fwd,Rwd,stop, start, record - whatever key command you like can be assigned to your remote.

cheers

I love using IR to control Logic. I use a Miglia TVDVR remote to control Logic I have like 18 buttons to perform a variety of key commands on my G5.

Works great when your just sitting on the Studio sofa with a guitar and play that one like/riff that you know you won't remember. Just grab the remote and like magic you can capture it without loosing your vibe, having to move your seating position, etc. very nice.

I did not even think of using this until I read it here about 3-4 months ago. I think it was a different thread.

good job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
You don't need this utility if you have L8.

L8 supports the apple remote natively.

How do you disable Front Row? My remote control works with Logic, but it controls front row at the same time. Ex: If I hit 'play' on the remote control, Logic plays, but iTunes also opens up and starts playing at the same time.

How do I get rid of the Front Row stuff? I'll never use the remote for that.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,this is nothing short than great!!!Thank you,everybody!!

I mean,you've saved myself the amount I was going to splash out for,say,a Frontier Tranzport or the likes!

Let alone the fact that I don't have to cram my studio with pieces of gear or use up all the usbs!

Simple and economic as it gets!.............and it was there,stuck on the side of my Imac!!..............

It works flawlessly and now I can "one-man-band" hussle free!

Such a shame it's not common knowledge but,then again,it proves reading manuals worthy.

It also proves this a great place to learn and share.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Does Apple Remote work all by itself or do you have to get the Griffin or Mira to make it work with Logic?

Sorry... I just figured out that it works natively in Logic 8, even Express.

Hi Guys

I've just come from CUBASE... and the step to Logic has been a good one...

BUT... Cubase not only let me use the Apple Remote, but also allowed free configuration of any of the Apple Remote keys for any purpose.

I set the MENU key as click on/off and a long press of the MENU key to "undo", which was really useful for doing recording from five metres away from the Mac...

Anyway, does anyone know if this can be done in Logic?

Cheers,

Mike

BUT... Cubase not only let me use the Apple Remote, but also allowed free configuration of any of the Apple Remote keys for any purpose.

I set the MENU key as click on/off and a long press of the MENU key to "undo", which was really useful for doing recording from five metres away from the Mac...

I just started using my Apple Remote. I had been thinking how much I wish it had an "Undo" command. Got my fingers crossed...

• 1 month later...
You guys with your fancy Intel Macs and Apple Remotes…

My G5 cries at night when it thinks about how it can't use an Apple Remote.

G5 = Me

You can use a apple remote. MIra makes this USB IR receiver for apple remote and you can control just about any program with it. I have a G5 that I use for music so Im telling u not to feel back. here is the link.

http://twistedmelon.com/shop/

I just got an iphone and i want to use the apple remote application to start and stop my logic 8 sessions. I have got confused with Griffins and Mira. I have searched the itunes store for these apps but i can't find anything. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

How so i use my iphone as a remote for logic? I can use it to control my itunes library but not logic. What do i need to do?

Regards...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I used to use the remote all the time with Logic, standing at the mic and being able to turn on record was a godsend.....UNTIL Snow Leopard came along, now when I press play or record for logic, not only does logic start playing but iTunes starts up too. Really annoying. There are loads of people complaining on lots of forums (including APple's own support forum) about this 'feature' so hopefully APple will fix their screw up!