Logic 10.2.3 is now available

des99

It's a huge PITA, that multi-out bug. But it's not a killer. Just change the routing on the go when you open the session, save it. Next time everything's ok. No need to whine and complain.

First impression is definitely that 10.2.3 is snappier.

I wasn't whining or complaining, merely informing. I've been away from my computer for a couple of weeks, so I just got the opportunity to try the update. If it was as simple as you suggest, I might live with it, but since the multi-outs for existing projects have different volumes, pans, etc, it would be impossible to get all the relevant parameters back to where I had them, wouldn't it?

It's a huge PITA, that multi-out bug. But it's not a killer. Just change the routing on the go when you open the session, save it. Next time everything's ok. No need to whine and complain.

First impression is definitely that 10.2.3 is snappier.

I wasn't whining or complaining, merely informing. I've been away from my computer for a couple of weeks, so I just got the opportunity to try the update. If it was as simple as you suggest, I might live with it, but since the multi-outs for existing projects have different volumes, pans, etc, it would be impossible to get all the relevant parameters back to where I had them, wouldn't it?

On an existing session from 10.2.2, the only thing I had to change, was the aux input. It remembers the previously set input, e.g. Instr 6_3-4, but there was no sound. When I looked into the aux input of Instr 6, there was Instr 6_3-4 selected (the "old" one), but there was also a "new" 3-4. So I just selected that one, and everything was fine.

All plugins, pan, vol, etc. were there, no change/update needed. After saving and reopening, the session was recalled correctly and all aux channels had sound as expected.

That's why I said it's no biggie.

I found this on the Facebook. I thought it might help.

MULTI OUT FIX: 'In the Input menu for the multi-out Aux channel strips, the selected output is listed twice, with the current selection on the bottom of the menu. Select the duplicate setting closer to the top of the menu instead.'

Ok , got it ;) Thanx

Open in 10.2.3 a Multi-out RMX created on 10.2.2

As expected, the bug is here. All the sounds routed on main Out, and it is not reflected in the Gui.

Duplicated 7-8 outs :

1581664506_MultiBefore.jpg.e54f9f491200004e68a43203f7bdd157.jpg

And after manually rectified :

1996955283_MultiAfter.jpg.a278639b926cfd02bc11e471997cca59.jpg

Easier since there is a visual reminder ...

Cool cosmetic thing , it seems that performance meter pop up right bottom on the screen ...

It pops up wherever you LAST left it.

In 10.2.2 I use to grab it on my second monitor.

If I do some mods in the plug ins manager, after re instantiating core audio, performance window pop up in the middle of the main screen. Something to do with multiple monitor handling I guess.

If I do some mods in the plug ins manager, after re instantiating core audio, performance window pop up in the middle of the main screen. Something to do with multiple monitor handling I guess.

Have you tried to turn off "each monitor has its own space" (or so)?

Have you tried to turn off "each monitor has its own space" (or so)?

No, I prefer the ´own space ´ very much ...

anyone getting crashes since update?

Process: Logic Pro X [586]

Path: /Applications/Logic Pro X.app/Contents/MacOS/Logic Pro X

Identifier: com.apple.logic10

Version: 10.2.3 (4369.35)

Build Info: MALogic-4369035000000000~2

App Item ID: 634148309

App External ID: 816790022

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: ??? [1]

Responsible: Logic Pro X [586]

User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2016-06-17 09:07:10.015 -0700

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)

Report Version: 11

Anonymous UUID: 9C5A6B45-0CB4-DACF-3757-1D450D9044DA

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000002

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Thanks stratquebec, 8) As soon as Logic opened the notification showed. I didn’t find any reference about the updates on the web so was starting to think it was a glitch in the matrix, even more so when there was no mention here on the forums. The popup sure looked different here :)

This is the BIG ONE!

I can barely contain my delight!

CHINESE INSTRUMENTS !!!!!!!! HOORAY!

In your face, Pro Tools!

why do you combine one-upsmanship and aggression with liking Logic? i'm not judging, I'm just truly baffled..

Before I met Mac fans I never once for the LIFE of me thought that I use pcs or pro tools that it has ANYTHING to do with dissing

another product..that it defines me , who I am as a person - it's a tool.. very well made..but i'm truly not understanding the hate..

I know the aggression you have is not as bad as really bad people in the world, and you're poking fun - but why put negative energy into the world? there's an element of Fundamentalism - albeit one of a musician as opposed to a terrorist..

but in this day and age, any extremism is scary