Logic 10.2.3 is now available

des99

Things I'm thrilled for with the update:

When multiple channel strips are selected in the Mixer, Option clicking a send no longer sometimes sets it to +6 db, rather than 0 db as expected.

The +6 dB bug has been driving me bonkers for a while. So glad to see it's been fixed.

Improved sound quality for Flex Pitch

I tested the update on a some vocals that I'm very familiar with how Flex Pitch treats it, because the result were always a garbled mess. The vocals are aggressive and loud, which both seem to be qualities Flex Pitch couldn't handle. However with the 2.3 update, the result proves to be reliable.

There's a little bit of a frequency shift, the resulting flexed track is a little darker than the original, but I will happily take it over the glitchy mess Flex Pitch used to deliver! Excited and hoping I can put Melodyne to rest with this update.

Vertical click zone for switching between Quick Swipe Comping and Take Editing modes within a Take Folder.

I had no idea how easy it could be to chop up and move takes around within take folders. I always left that sort of thing till after bouncing in place.

And lastly, I'm stoked for the updated Match EQ. That plugin is so damn useful. I've been using it as a guiding light to inform me of how my mixes are relating to my references.

After backing up, i updated my OS from Mavericks to El Capitan and updated Logic X to 10.2.3. I am on a 2009 MacBook Pro 4GB RAM, core2duo.

OSX became faster, Logic X is much more fluid and snappier. I am very satisfied. I like to use 'click zones' and the update solved my problem with the cursor not changing reliably under Mavericks. Great update!

Edited by Mania

How do you do that ?

For every new update I have to manually trash the unwanted languages ...

( Not updated to 10.2.3 yet )

It's now a preference.

Logic Pro X menu > Preferences > Display > General > Language

Wow! That's really convenient when you are bilingual!

I noticed however that some preferences don't carry over when switching to another language...

I forced myself to use only english, because it makes support and forum discussion much easier. After a while you get used to it.

Me too .

And for Atlas007, french first.

The only time when french language bother me is when I have to work on a ( french) friend LPX ... :mrgreen:

Logic Pro X menu > Preferences > Display > General > Language

That's cool indeed.

However (going a bit off-topic here), don't know how it is for other languages, but in the Spanish version some of the translations are pretty bad.

For example, the "Freeze Mode" track parameter is translated as "Modo bloqueo" which literally means "Block Mode" :?: .

Interestingly enough, they do use a more appropriate word elsewhere in the program when referring to freezing tracks (congelar pistas).

There's plenty more bizarre translations like that all over the place. That's why I stick to English.

J.

I'd like to say all is well here and most of it is but if I had two hard crashes with it yesterday while trying to load an old LP9 project. It seems to be right with it tries to save the new file it just immediately quits...could be a plugin that was used or a permissions thing.

I had stopped working with LPX for C8 for about a year now but find myself back in the LPX saddle right when this update hit.

To make it work I had to trash prefs and reboot as I was getting weird early recorded MIDI timing issues. Once I did the reset it was fine.

Chris

However (going a bit off-topic here), don't know how it is for other languages, but in the Spanish version some of the translations are pretty bad.

For example, the "Freeze Mode" track parameter is translated as "Modo bloqueo" which literally means "Block Mode" :?: .

Interestingly enough, they do use a more appropriate word elsewhere in the program when referring to freezing tracks (congelar pistas).

There's plenty more bizarre translations like that all over the place. That's why I stick to English.

J.

I think it's intended as a description of how it works:

Logic Pro X: Congelar las pistas

I think it's intended as a description of how it works:

Logic Pro X: Congelar las pistas

I still think it's pretty poor translation and there's plenty more all over the program.

Another classic, off the top of my head:

"Tiempos" for "Beats" in the Loop Browser. In this context, a better translation would be "Bases" which is the widely-used term for "beats" in spanish. However if you put "beats" in the context of a measure, then it means "tiempos".

J.

Same with the French translations. They sound like an auto-translated was used... no French sound engineer would talk about a "pile de sommation" or a "pile de dossier", which means a pile of folders (when they really meant folder stack).

Anybody else has problems saving a Screenset with the mixer window open all the way up? Seems like no matter what i do once i switch from the said Screenset (which was locked with the mixer window stretched so i can see the full ch strip) it keeps going back to showing half the size.

1224713524_ScreenShot2016-06-14at3_54_34PM.thumb.jpg.776a257769ef1ba02299c711653dfde1.jpg

Anybody else has problems saving a Screenset with the mixer window open all the way up?

I see the same behaviour as you.

Smaller is ok, but larger than half height, the window always resets to half height, even if the screenset is locked.

Gentlebeings ... speaking as a software developer (and, alas, as "an 'English-only' [so far ...] speaker" ...) ... I can only say, "help us!"

If you are a native-speaker of a particular language, "kindly consider yourself to be a resource." Therefore, 'pretty-please' immediately file a bug-report about any software translation that "does not ring true." (And, in your report, be sure that you provide enough information, such that an engineer who does not speak your language ... and, most likely, never will ... "can reasonably correct the language-files in question," or, at least, "give it a good college-try") :roll:

Been there ... done that ... (apologies all around ...)

best day of my life

Automation for plug-in parameters now reliably chases when sample accurate automation is on.

For real? So if I have a vertical ramp for e.g. filter cutoff, it doesn't sweep up and is on point? Does that also work on busses? What happens if on the buss is latency introducing plugin too?

For 3rd party plugins or only stock plugins?

Has anyone noticed if when zooming all the way out vertically that the font of the track name doesn't shrink anymore? I recall that at the smallest setting it would change but now it's the same size and gets covered a small amount by the bottom of the track.

Chris

best day of my life

Automation for plug-in parameters now reliably chases when sample accurate automation is on.

For real? So if I have a vertical ramp for e.g. filter cutoff, it doesn't sweep up and is on point? Does that also work on busses? What happens if on the buss is latency introducing plugin too?

For 3rd party plugins or only stock plugins?

dunno just quoting the RN !

I've had this bank and forth with Cubase and LPX. I thought I had some issues with 10.2.3 but after refreshing prefs they went away.

I really wanted to get back to get back to using LPX as my main DAW...it has everything I need and the .3 improvements were some of what I was missing.

I've been testing some the reported "bugs" but don't have them other than the one about fades on multiple audio files with split but that is so minor for me.

I am getting some hefty last core use even with the multi-core setting selected. Weird but not the end of the world. I can run LPX at 128k and Cubase no less than 256. :)

That being said C8 still has some pretty sweet MIDI features that I wish LPX would implement.

.... the automation is nowhere sample accurate in 10.2.2 in every situation.

Seems to be worked completely out in 10.2.3... at least on my machine. Every test I threw at it came out working perfectly. Big thumbs up!

That multi-out issue seems like a non-issue to me. I can see that some people could get annoyed opening old sessions, but honestly... how hard it is to hotkey all the sends/busses/routing to the proper place? Might take three, maybe five seconds. :)