Welcome to our new forum!

David Nahmani

Since this new forum UI, I noticed that when searching for a Google reference (on iPad / double-tap / tap-on-Definition) from within the writing/editing area, Google returns a "400" error...

I wonder if it is a similar issue related to the "404" error mentionned earlier?

Thanks for reporting that. That is not good. It would help if you can tell if those URLs triggering the 400 error are https requests?

I am still waiting for the SSL certificate to be installed so we can access https pages - and when it is installed, the IP of logicprohelp.com will change... most likely triggering more 'bad request' errors... so that we can expect a few more access hickups for the days to come, unfortunately. Thanks for being patient with this.

Great job on the new forum design David!

Just one thing bugs me, the circular crop of the avatars. I know, it's minor but this is a group of creative people and the circular crop of the avatar kind of limits the possibilities.

Otherwise, everything looks great and I haven't run into any functional problems yet.

Congrats!

Since this new forum UI, I noticed that when searching for a Google reference (on iPad / double-tap / tap-on-Definition) from within the writing/editing area, Google returns a "400" error...

I wonder if it is a similar issue related to the "404" error mentionned earlier?

Thanks for reporting that. That is not good. It would help if you can tell if those URLs triggering the 400 error are https requests?

I am still waiting for the SSL certificate to be installed so we can access https pages - and when it is installed, the IP of logicprohelp.com will change... most likely triggering more 'bad request' errors... so that we can expect a few more access hickups for the days to come, unfortunately. Thanks for being patient with this.

Ok, I'll try to keep you posted...

I'm glad that most of you guys are liking it!

:D

... and by the way everybody, please join me in saying big thanks to Eric Cardenas for helping out with the new website too! From initial concept to final CSS and Javascript tweaks, Eric has been quite incredible.   :D Thanks Eric!

+1  

My favourite Eric quote on the forum "The manual is wrong"... 

Thanks Eric, you're a gem  :D

No more last post button, but you can go to the last post this way:

• From the Board Index, click the name of the last reply in the last post column on the right. 
    Logic-002.png
  • From a forum, click the last post's timestamp (for example '22 minutes ago').
    Logic-001.png

And also. Clicking the icon of any thread containing unread posts will take you to the first unread post.

Hi all, and yet again, lots of thanks. Eric, what you describe works fine on most posts... except this one! Clicking on the icon does Nothing, it doesn't seem to be active in any way. possibly it's because this post is positionned in the Annoucements section?

Cheers,

Arnaud

EDIT: it's a bit weird, it seems to happen this way when I view the posts from the "Your posts" menu link. But when viewing them from the forum usual list, everything works fine, even for announcements...]

Don't know if you can so something about that: On my mobile (Galaxy S3, browser Chrome) the buttons look cluttered, like not properly aligned. Maybe it's possible to make them dynamically stretch to the window size on mobile devices (not pads though). 

Screenshot_2016-07-28-07-48-29.png

This is one of the drawbacks with responsive design, since it is supposed to work for all available screen widths.

You can see in your screenshot that the text search this topic doesn't even fit inside the button.

Here are other examples, one from the iPhone 6 in landscape mode and one from an the iPhone 5:

1954531856_iPhone6-Landscape.png.94dc6c330ef913945122c625aeb4b49c.png

237449041_iPhone5.png.eb49345d5aac06f95829ac236298b234.png

I personally don't find it cluttered looking, but I see your point. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Trusty old iPad1 is not liking the new site as much as the old one. 

Safari crashes changing rotation. Portrait is best now. Struggles more in Landscape. 

If the thread has a lot of attachments, i’ve gotta be patient wile the page loads.  

Not sure if anything can be done to improve the experience?

I Still use the iPad1, a lot, but I see it struggle more and with the newer technology. It still does amazing with many other tasks. 

Logging in now keeps you on the open page instead of defaulting to Board index, nice  8) 

Edit: 

8) 8-)  8-) 

Edit2: Moving and rotating the iPad1 is ok sometimes but not others. 

The iPad is browsing fine if not Rotated  and left in one view. Landscape the site reads beautifully. Portrait, text smaller, zooming in balances to read post, the signature text blends well in, leaving the topic post easy to read, very nice :) 

Edited by DaveRobinson

Haha, Wut??!!

Went googling for some 'Logic' answers and clicked some links. After reading through a page, I wondered which forum this could be. Saw the url title and  :shock: :shock: :P :P

Will have to have a look around, but all looks lovely so far

Thanks David, et al!!  :D

When browsing with my mobile I'd like to have a bigger click area. At the moment I have to click exactly the thread title (see screenshot), which can be a little cumbersome when using the mobile with only one hand (trying to click it with the thumb while holding the mobile). On top of that, if you accidentally hit the user name, you're forwarded to his profile. 

I'd say that when I'm on this page, where the threads are shown, I don't want to see the thread starter's profile (in 99.9% of the cases), but the thread itself. So I'd like to have a "click area" as marked cyan in the screenshot. This will make it way easier and faster to browse with a mobile. 

The question is, can the responsive design change that behavior depending on the used device... I hope so ;)

Screenshot_2016-07-29-07-24-08.png.72989e47e2251c7a2d6ee84bfa1e427b.png

When browsing with my mobile I'd like to have a bigger click area. (...) I'd say that when I'm on this page, where the threads are shown, I don't want to see the thread starter's profile (in 99.9% of the cases), but the thread itself. So I'd like to have a "click area" as marked cyan in the screenshot.

That's a great suggestion, I'll see what can be done.

Eric, David, did you check my remark above about topics icons not being active (i.e. moving to the last unread post when clicked) when topics are displayed in the "Your posts" view (instead of the standard forum view)?

You're right Arnaud, clicking the icon does not work when on the "Your posts" page. I'll have a look.