Sustain pedal not working in logic pro x

lupstan

The solution is to delete the controller assignments using the cc7.

I've just done that.

It seems that there is conflict with the different assignment you do and those preprogrammed in nanoKontrol.

The reoccurence of same seems related to the procedure you are using to do those assignments.

In the meantime, until you find the procedure that works in your system, the quick solution would be the one I suggested earlier.

I just deleted my settings again and restarted putting them back in.

I have my CC data and my Daw transport functions as well.

Thank you everyone for the patience and answers to this.

You've made my weekend so I can keep at my project.

Drew

• 1 year later...
On 8/4/2021 at 1:46 PM, Atlas007 said:

I think that starting from scratch would be the easiest approach if you didn't do too many customisation.

To delete a control surface from Logic,

disconnect or turn off the MIDI controller devices,

open the Control Surface Setup window.

Select the icon representing the controllers,

then hit Delete on your Mac keyboard.

It is also advisable to go in the Controller Assignment window (Expert mode) and delete each and every entries that are left in there.

Finally reboot Logic (or your Mac).

To reinstall the controllers, once Logic rebooted,

turn on or reconnect one at the time each MIDI Controller device in order to complete one controller's installation at the time, and test it is working properly as expected before proceeding to the next installation.

It is advisable to turn on the one equipped with rotary encoders and/or motorized faders first.

Logic will reinstall them automatically or follow the instructions provided with your MIDI Controller by the manufacturer.

The position of the icons in the Control Surface Setup window will determine how your different MIDI Controller devices will work.

When appearing side by side (horizontally), one will be the extension of the other to its left.

If displayed one above the other, they will be working independently from one another, ending with controllers that could target the same parameters.

If desired, the icons can be (mouse) dragged to move them to the required configuration.

—————————————————————

If your problem with the sustain pedal happens again, check also if it could be due that the sustain pedal assignment as a controller occurred more than once.

Opening the Controller Assignment window in Expert mode would help you see those (unwanted) assignment(s), if any. ..

Do not enable the Learn mode of the Controller Assignment window from now on during the following procedure.

As David explained, actuating your sustain pedal while that Controller Assignment window is opened will normally select (one of) the undesired assignment(s if any more).

Just hit the Delete key on your Mac keyboard while the undue sustain assignment is assigned.

1. Once deleted, actuate another controller on your MIDI controller (one that you know is legitimate),
  2. then actuate again your sustain pedal,
  3. if there is another assignment with the sustain, it will get selected,
  4. in such case, hit the Delete key on your Mac keyboard again.

Repeat those 4 steps until the sustain pedal actuation no longer cause a new selection in the Controller Assignment window.

Thanks a million time for your valuable tips, you are my life savor after i spent days messing around with my M-audio keystation 61 es trying to get the sustain pedal back to work.Thanks again. Cheers.

Sonny

• Like 1